Hi,

I know there is fishing to be found in some creeks and rivers east of Nevada City and while I am not after anyone's secret access I would like to explore that area a little on my way to Reno next month (niece's wedding) without traipsing all over the backroads and scaring any locals.

For instance: My last trip that way I tried to find access to Bear River, driving way down Z.. road but it was pretty clear that was all private, yet I have read there is fishing there...somewhere! Is the better access to the north of Hwy. 20?

I love fishing the North Fork Yuba up near (and above) Downieville but I have never fished The South Yuba River and wonder if there is public access off I-80 above the Big Bend area. Off Hampshire Rocks Road?

North Fork Deer Creek? Any access off 20?

I know there is that river everyone loves/hates on the way to Reno and I have fished there a few times (Humbling but enjoyable...though I have not fished the Nevada side) but I prefer smaller creeks and fewer people so I am often perusing maps and looking for small blue lines.

I realize it will probably be too early to fish these areas by mid April but I do have some time to explore and will be going back to Grass Valley later in the year and would love to fish some new (to me) places within and hour or so and already know some access points.

As always, Thank You for any input.