Thread: Pyramid Report 03/21-03/22

Default Pyramid Report 03/21-03/22

My brother and I fished Pyramid on Sunday for 3 hours and Monday for 5 hours. Sunday was tough due to very light winds, calm water and bluebird skies. I didn't see many fish caught by other anglers. I had a few hookups early but no fish. Just before 6:00 I landed my only fish of the day, a 31-incher (11 pounds) which was a personal P.R. (photo).

On Monday there was a light rain early, overcast skies and 10-20 mph winds. My brother caught 7 fish up to 25 inches. I also caught 7 which included 2 28-inchers, four rats and a foul-hooked 30 incher. The 30 incher was an exciting/disappointing experience. When the fish hit, he took off like a freight train taking me to near the end of my backing. After a 20 minute fight I was told by the guy who netted the fish that it was foul-hooked near the tail. Of course, I was disappointed that it was foul-hooked. Nonetheless, it was a very nice fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0031 (1).jpeg 
Views:	152 
Size:	203.7 KB 
ID:	16797  

Quote Originally Posted by HSano View Post
    My brother and I fished Pyramid on Sunday for 3 hours and Monday for 5 hours. Sunday was tough due to very light winds, calm water and bluebird skies. I didn't see many fish caught by other anglers. I had a few hookups early but no fish. Just before 6:00 I landed my only fish of the day, a 31-incher (11 pounds) which was a personal P.R. (photo).

On Monday there was a light rain early, overcast skies and 10-20 mph winds. My brother caught 7 fish up to 25 inches. I also caught 7 which included 2 28-inchers, four rats and a foul-hooked 30 incher. The 30 incher was an exciting/disappointing experience. When the fish hit, he took off like a freight train taking me to near the end of my backing. After a 20 minute fight I was told by the guy who netted the fish that it was foul-hooked near the tail. Of course, I was disappointed that it was foul-hooked. Nonetheless, it was a very nice fish.
    Good report HSano !!!

Boy oh boy, that looks like some good water skiing water in the background of your picture.

Me, I'm dealing with some "nickel and dime" car repairs currently....................damned Jeep............

Congratulations, and thank you for your report.

Dang Cutthroats............................

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by HSano View Post

Sounds like a worthy trip!
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V