Thread: Pyramid Lake 3-20-21

Default Pyramid Lake 3-20-21

My father and I decided to make the trip back over the pass to Pyramid Lake last Saturday. The weather was crazy to say the least as it did everything from snow, rain, to have a bright sunny sky. The wind gust was up to 30mph throughout the day too.

We met up with two friends of mine at 5 am and got ready for the day. My friends both hooked up multiple times in the morning and landed some nice fish in the 10-12lb range and I got absolutely nothing. Then my dad got an 8lber, a 16lber, and a 15lber. So my dad broke his PB twice in a day. I was absolutely happy for him since the past fishing outings for him were not that productive.

I had one hook-up with an LDR but that was it. The time hit 3:34 pm and I figured it was just not my lucky day. But then suddenly my bobber went down and it was a fish. I set the hook and started stripping in the line but then the line shot out immediately as the fish was running towards the middle of the lake. First shot out the head of my fly line, then shot out my entire fly line, and the fish kept going halfway thru my backing. We thought the fish was foul-hooked by this mega non-stop run. Luckily, the fish stopped running, and then I was able to gain on it. I eventually landed the fish with the help of my friends. Unfortunately, my scale got wet and was being wonky but it did briefly read 20.6 oz. The net weighed 2 lbs.

This was my only fish of the day but it was epic and is now my new PB. This day will definitely be remembered! Tight lines!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	16791

Name:	IMG_4896.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	16792

Name:	IMG_4908.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	283.6 KB 
ID:	16793

Name:	IMG_2370.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	841.6 KB 
ID:	16794

Name:	IMG_4918.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	490.3 KB 
ID:	16795
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Wow!!!! Incredible fish!!! Congratulations on an epic day for you and your pops!

Quote Originally Posted by BumpBailey View Post
    Wow!!!! Incredible fish!!! Congratulations on an epic day for you and your pops!
    Thank you. It definitely was!

Peter V

Good Lord. The tail on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Good Lord. The tail on that thing.
    Thanks man. I am still excited about this catch.....it was caught on a 49er.

Peter V