Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wet wading shoes/sandals

PV - I think you and I may seek the same solution. I will carry my wading shoes because using multi-purpose footwear trades off stream qualities for hiking comfort. Sandals let grit and pebbles in with each step taken in loose sand. A felt bottom "shoe" offers toe protection and traction on the greased bowling balls we often find ourselves standing and slipping on.

Peter S. Thank you

Some good feedback, thanks. The right solution might be two pairs of keens or chacos. One for hiking in/out and another with studs for wading. This would still be extra bulk to carry, but a significant improvement over wading boots and wet wading socks.

When I get to wet wade I use my TEVAs over a pair of heavy socks. Yes the gravel and sand can get in but it is easily removed by wiggling my foot. Light, easy and I feel protected as I wear a size just a smidge larger so the toe is about 1/2 in front of my toes. I imagine you could add studs if desired or glue on felt but they are pretty solid for me.
    I have worn them on the Pit! (It was not very aggressive wading that day)

PV..I probably have hiked a lot of those streams...Have a place north of Driggs....Wet wade all summer....I wear Korkers with with carbide studs...only way to go for me...good on logs and muddy/slippery trails...wear Simms neoprene booty with wool sox...if you want, bring an extra pair of sox for walk out...I usually don't, just clean out boots and hike out...Korkers fit great...You can always start with the hiking sole and put on carbide spike at the river...Tight lines...

Quote Originally Posted by David Beach View Post
    PV..I probably have hiked a lot of those streams...Have a place north of Driggs....Wet wade all summer....
    Maybe we should get together this summer. Our place is a few miles south of Driggs. I will be there from the 4th of July until Labor Day if the rest of my life aligns to allow it.

I have thought about the socks and sole switch, but I really hate hiking in wet feet.

Sounds good...Fished the Teton yesterday for an hour or so....till the snow and wind came up...landed 4...3 cutties and 1 rainbow...15-18...river's running at 200 cfs...Take care

I always got gravel in my sandals so I did not like them.

Well, I don't count much anymore because I am 90% in a boat now.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by David Beach View Post
    Sounds good...Fished the Teton yesterday for an hour or so....till the snow and wind came up...landed 4...3 cutties and 1 rainbow...15-18...river's running at 200 cfs...Take care
    Excellent, good to hear. We are coming out on Saturday for two weeks, one week of time off, one week remote work from there...looks like "second spring" will be upon the valley next week, just in time for a week off to fish! Hopefully we get out of there and back here before "third winter".

Kool, I'm tied up through Tuesday, maybe meet after that...we're heading back April 4 or 5...Safe travels..