Thread: Loreto, BCS Mexico

Default Loreto, BCS Mexico

My wife is planning a trip to Loreto (actually Villa Del Palmar 40 minutes south). I have no doubt there are some creatures that need to be pursued there. Anybody have referrals for guides (on foot in the surf and/or by panga). Any advice on what to expect in mid-late October would be appreciated as well.

https://www.marinapuertoescondido.com/fishing.php

I have not fished Loreto , but have spent some time South of there . If you rent a Car , you can go to Puerto Escondito , try to source a Kayak , and fish just outside the harbor . For land based stuff , I'd use a fast 7 or 8 wt. with an intermediate shooting head and smaller flies (#4 Bonefish-Shrimp things , Clousers in #2 and #1/0) , bring a stripping basket and fish around the rocks . Hotel Tripui has fantastic food and is a nice place to visit . Mulege is close to 2 hours North of there , there might be some Jacks/Ladyfish along the beaches .

Truth be told , the fishing is much better on the Pacific side North of there .

Good luck !!

D.~

Default Loreto....

The weather down there in mid to late October is going to be changeable. It's near the end of the hurricane season and could result in loss of fishing days (as has happened on prior trips for our group) not to mention flooding/damage to local roads, etc. If you hit it right, the weather is relatively mild and the fishing should be good. Enjoy....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown