Thread: Pyramid Lake 3/7

Default Pyramid Lake 3/7

Well, the blue skies and little wind were less than desirable conditions but my father and I decided to head over the pass to fish the salty pond. We got there at approximately 5 am to get our spot. The fish decided to give a show for about 30 minutes from 6:30-7am and were rolling on the top of the water. It was truly a sight to see.

My father hooked a fish during this time and it was a toad. Unfortunately, his line twisted around the reel handle and the leader broke as the fish went on a major run. Heartbreaking but it happens. I also hooked a fish but it popped off.

Then fishing slowed down until about 11:00am and then I caught a smaller Pilot on a midge. The fish was pretty.

The wind finally picked up from 1:30-3pm. This is when I caught my toad on a balanced leech. It was a fun fight!

My dad got a smaller fish later in the day but that was it for us. The fishing was difficult but I am glad we landed one DD. Until next time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2219.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	300.0 KB 
ID:	16752
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2220.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	16753
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Nice. Any day you can land a fish like that is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    Nice. Any day you can land a fish like that is a good day.
    Thanks man. I am looking forward to fishing the spawn since I have never done it before.

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Well, the blue skies and little wind were less than desirable conditions but my father and I decided to head over the pass to fish the salty pond. We got there at approximately 5 am to get our spot. The fish decided to give a show for about 30 minutes from 6:30-7am and were rolling on the top of the water. It was truly a sight to see.

My father hooked a fish during this time and it was a toad. Unfortunately, his line twisted around the reel handle and the leader broke as the fish went on a major run. Heartbreaking but it happens. I also hooked a fish but it popped off.

Then fishing slowed down until about 11:00am and then I caught a smaller Pilot on a midge. The fish was pretty.

The wind finally picked up from 1:30-3pm. This is when I caught my toad on a balanced leech. It was a fun fight!

My dad got a smaller fish later in the day but that was it for us. The fishing was difficult but I am glad we landed one DD. Until next time!
    Good job Peter and Father.

You and your Father seem to always get into the fish, good fish none the less.

I'm still not quite ready to go out and play, however, I do enjoy seeing all of the success everyone has had.

Dang Cutthroats............................

Bob

I'm still convinced that you have a troll doll stuffed in your pocket.............................

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post

I'm still not quite ready to go out and play, however, I do enjoy seeing all of the success everyone has had.

Bob

I'm still convinced that you have a troll doll stuffed in your pocket.............................
    Carmen, Jim and I are excited to see you soon Bob. In the meantime practice your casting and we’ll get you more reasons to come out and play

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post

Bob

Hahahah about the Troll. Thanks Bob. Get well soon so you can come out and play!

Peter V