Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Putah

Quote Originally Posted by Rossflyguy View Post
    It’s every river bud. Have you been to the feather or the lower yuba this past year? Everyone decided to buy fly rods during covid restrictions. The most annoying part is when 4 bros who just got their new sage rods and already have their waders on pull up and literally run to the water when they don’t even have their fly line pulled through the rod guides yet. There’s gonna be a lot of poor etiquette for awhile.
    ugh..ya. Yuba is packed too, but ill row it and can always find a spot or two that has a bit of elbow room. At 8:30 in the AM literally EVERY SINGLE run on Putah was slammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Dement View Post
    I was thinking about hitting it next monday before I pick up a friend from the airport but if its full i doubt a dumb kid like me will ever be able to find a spot. Last time I was there before the closure I ended up spending most of my day trying to find a place to fish because of the amount of other anglers sitting in the same holes all day, not that there is anything wrong with that.
    yep...skip it. Too much pressure on those poor fish anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post

If you go to any small town in any part of rural America (75% of our land mass) you will find nicer people with manners.
    That may have been true back in the day, but small town rural America is exactly where the meth and opioid crises are most rampant. These folks may not fish, but they need money, and understand the worth of tackle. A rod vault on the roof rack, or a car covered with fishing stickers is like ringing a dinner bell.

Just last week my brother was on a semi-hidden pullout of a small blue line road sleeping in the back of his SUV when the interior lights went on. Some tweeker was sliding into the front seat. My brother yelled, but before he could pull out his gun, said tweeker had leaped back into the passenger seat of the already rolling getaway car.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-12-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Why yell if you're pulling "protection"? Let the "click" do your talking.
    .....lee s.

Get a boat and a gun?

*Cities in the mid-West, like Sioux Fall, South Dakota, were so nice 30 years ago but today it is full of drugs.

**Prime Minister of the Philippines has ordered his police and military to kill all drug dealers instead of arresting them.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by lee s. View Post
    Why yell if you're pulling "protection"? Let the "click" do your talking.
    .....lee s.
    100% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    That may have been true back in the day, but small town rural America is exactly where the meth and opioid crises are most rampant. These folks may not fish, but they need money, and understand the worth of tackle. A rod vault on the roof rack, or a car covered with fishing stickers is like ringing a dinner bell.

Just last week my brother was on a semi-hidden pullout of a small blue line road sleeping in the back of his SUV when the interior lights went on. Some tweeker was sliding into the front seat. My brother yelled, but before he could pull out his gun, said tweeker had leaped back into the passenger seat of the already rolling getaway car.
    Redding is prime example of that

I asked the same question. Being half awake, his first thought was that it was a bear or perhaps just a raccoon that had figured out how to get in the vehicle. He is in a MUCH better place today than if he had shot someone. Right now he would be at a police station or in the DA's office endlessly explaining himself. Instead, he is out fishing. But, yeah, the bad guy is out free too.
    Last edited by Ralph; 03-13-2021 at 02:24 PM.