Thread: Govenors budget

Default Govenors budget

I just received a email from BoatUS.org that the Governor is planning to raise boat registration fee from $20.00 to $70.00 and all the money is going to general fund. Has anybody else heard this?

Haven't heard but would not be one bit surprised. Between the out of control covid pork fest of spending and the pension shortfall cliff, it has to come from somewhere.

and the crazy part is tax revenues for CA were UP in 2020 despite the economy because of tech stock selling. Guv Gav just can't get enough

Default Boating Fees....

If I read/understand the article correctly, the revenues arising from the proposed increase will not go into the General Fund. They're for the Department of Boating/Waterways allocation/budget.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ronsway View Post
    I just received a email from BoatUS.org that the Governor is planning to raise boat registration fee from $20.00 to $70.00 and all the money is going to general fund. Has anybody else heard this?
    You guys voted the guy in...Now deal with it

We are moving to Florida so we don't have to worry about what might happen to California.

I guess everyone has to vote for what they think is best for them and their families.

If you think all is well, then just go fishing.......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Read the article Steve posted. It's simply not true that this will go directly to the General Fund. Far as I can see some folks are trying to get some mileage down a short road on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew Riffle View Post
    Read the article Steve posted. It's simply not true that this will go directly to the General Fund. Far as I can see some folks are trying to get some mileage down a short road on this issue.

It may not go directly into the General Fund- BUT registration fees do not go directly to the Dept of Boating- following quoted from the article:

"Going down a bureaucratic rabbit hole for a moment (and adding more abbreviations), the HWRF is administered by the California Department of Boating and Waterways, or DBW, which was absorbed by the California Department of Parks and Recreation in the recent past. It seems clear that the parks department has dipped into the HWRD for non-boating-related expenses.

Jim

Default Proposed Fee Increase

I've re-read the article and don't see anything that changes my mind. This is still a proposed increase in fees and is intended to go into a specific fund (not the General Fund). If you oppose/support the proposal, call/write the Governor and your legislators.

"....It seems clear that the parks department has dipped into the HWRD for non-boating-related expenses." The article describes activities that seem to be boating related.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown