Thread: Flycraft boats are rafts and a SUP too.

Default Flycraft boats are rafts and a SUP too.

https://www.flycraftusa.com/

Anyone have any experience here......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Would love hear from someone who has one or has used one

Another conversation we like to revisit every 3-6 months. I will go link some old threads. the TL/DR is that these things are about as tippy as they get. they fish more like a canoe than a raft.

Small raft discussion thread 1: https://www.billkiene.com/forums/sho...nyone-rowed-it

Here's another: https://www.billkiene.com/forums/sho...ft-experiences

I believe there have been a few more where the FC has been either discussed or debated.
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 02-03-2021 at 03:36 PM.

No direct experience, but a close friend uses one. The "tippy" comment above from PV is exactly her major complaint as well--very narrow, not very stable with one standing, unstable with two. Also there is no self bailing drain, so it's bucket bailing only to get water out.

They complete mostly against Scadden, both Utah based. They are heavy, so if there's warranty work I'd want the assurance they were reputable and would pay for shipping. If not, just assume no warranty as shipping will kill you on these. They do have a couple of well thought out proprietary accessories, but otherwise it seems to me one could start with a Scadden or Saturn raft, and build your own for the same or less money and have something stable with at least the same quality.

Ha yes I did a search earlier and found these but thanks for re posting

I’ve been in one a few times. They are a niche craft. Come in very handy in smaller water. Very useful on rivers like the Truckee, east Carson, valley tail waters etc. I will say, they are not nearly as safe as a traditional raft. Great starter boat, but not a whitewater boat.

Default Flycraft

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    https://www.flycraftusa.com/

Anyone have any experience here......
    I have owned a 2 man Stealth for over a year. I live in Redding and have Primarily used it at Baum and Manzanita Lake. My wife and I with 2 French Bull dogs are able to fish a full day with comfort and a very stable feel without any fear of tipping. I am amazed by the stability of the boat, I am 6'6 and my wife is 5'7 and we are able to stand at the same time with the inflatable floor system that is like standing on concrete. The front seat has a slight concave edge where your calf will rest against and placing your toes to the edge of the boat actually provides a solid plat form to stand in a lake setting. Like any flat bottom boat in windy situation it does start to spin, but the anchor down it works well. My neighbor purchased one shortly after and fishes the Lower Sac and Trinity with no issues. Very nice on the Trinity with no trailer and rough natural boat ramps. I have a Willies Drift boat as well but would rather fish out of this at Baum and other places due to the low draft shallow water and being able go over a lot of weed beds without getting hung up. It keep the boat assembled for transport and storage. I am able to slide it into the bed of my F150 with the tailgate down. Assembly will take about half hour the first time but after that much quicker if you need break down. I replaced the seat swivels with a different setup from Bass Pros, was not a big fan of what came with the boat. We really enjoy this boat, the versatility, no trailer and the stability. People always come up and and ask questions and look the boat over on every outing. If you need more info don't hesitate to reach out, be happy to help.

For the price you could buy a raft from outcast or other similar brands. If they’re price point dropped it’d make more sense.

I owned a Outcast Pack 1200 for several years. It wasn't as easy to break assemble and transport, I had to trailer it. Personally would rather use my drift boat if I had to trailer a boat. The Outcast rafts OSG Striker are $2,899 and up to $6,299 are good boats for 2-3 people with ample room. The stealth 2 man basic model starts at $2,995 up to more options of $3,845. It comes down to what your fishing needs are, transportation options, how many people you fish with, what waters you fish. I like the fact of pulling a camp trailer and having a boat that I can disassemble and use on most Westen US waters I fish. I have a friend that Moved to Wyoming, would rather break the Flycraft down and transport than pull drift boat back there. Unfortunately everything is getting more expensive and I have yet to find the one perfect boat for everything.