Thread: Costa Sunglass Customer Service

Default Costa Sunglass Customer Service

Have had my Costa Rx Sunglasses for about four years. In the first year, the rubber on the side pieces separated from the plastic. Costa gave me a new frame. Then last year the rubber nose piece separated from the plastic. I contacted the Costa Rep. who tried his best to help me. He informed me that this is an issue with these frames and tried unsuccessfully to resolve the issue with Costa. He referred me to Costa Customer Service who referred me to Luxotica (who recently bought Costa) Customer Service. Long story short, nobody would take responsibility for this manufacturing defect. Apparently Luxotica has not set up a Costa repair facility, so they don't have any way to deal with issues like this. Bummer. Love my glasses, but feel kind of blown off after buying Rx sunglasses that cost me $700.

Oh wow! Was getting ready to send mine in, nose moguls fell off mine too.. guess I’ll be S.O.O.L?

Really surprised.
    Maury hatch (great guy and guide) is a Costa rep.

Maury’s the man, but don’t think he has anything to do with corporate. Sounds like to me the folks that purchased Costa don’t give a damn on the warranty end of things.

Kind of related. Have several pairs of Costa and Smith. On a recent trip I screwed up and knocked a pair of Smith low light igniters off the tailgate and stepped on them and cracked a lens. I contacted Smith and related my problem. They said that they didn’t make that frame anymore, however, I could send them back or take a picture of them after I broke one of the side arms off or broke the frame. They promptly credited me the price of a similar pair. I only had to cover the shipping and I had a new pair of my choice for the credited amount in 5 days! Now that is customer service.