Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here is a response to someone who recently moved here and had questions......

Default Here is a response to someone who recently moved here and had questions......

.......about the Stripers in the Lower American river.

Here is my sad response:

Hello Friend,

I have been fishing for Stripers for about 60 years now. I even guided Striper fishing from a skill with fresh sardines.

I have been in the fishing tackle business dealing with Stripers for 50 years.

California is the richest state in the Union and 5th largest economy if it were a country.

For these reasons I believe we have the most corrupt state government in the United States.

Our CA Department of Fish & Wildlife has virtually nothing to do with any decision making that is important.

Politicians run the state for the benefit of the people who donate the most to their re-elections or slush fund.

Striped Bass were introduced from the East Coast in 1877ish along with the American Shad.

The Commercial Salmon fishing industry has a lobbyist and I guess they have been pushing to eliminate the Striped Bass?

We have a huge water supply in Northern California and Southern California has all the most people so they run the water decisions.

They opened up spearfishing in freshwater for Stripers now to help reduce the population.

A taxidermist friend mounted a 60-70 pound Striper out of the lower American river about 40 years ago.

20 years ago they were catching 40 pound Stripers on flies in the lower Amercan river.

Back then a 20 pound Stripers in the lower American river and the Delta were commonplace.

Now if anyone gets a Striper over 10 pounds it is a big deal.......

All of our anadromous fisheries, Stripers, Salmon, Steelhead and Shad are down about 90% since I was a youngster.

50 years ago anyone could catch fish, even people with little skill and even off the bank?

A terrible thought is that the 'powers to be' want to eliminate all the fish, then there will be no fisherpeople.

With no fisherfolks then there is no one to fight them in their quest to totally control all the water in California.

These are my own opinions, so far, and I am open to having discussion on this.

Let me know if you have any ideas or questions.

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

1000% agree Bill!
    .....lee s.

Thanks......old buddy.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Bill,
    You hit that right on the head. It's good to hear some one actually say it like it is. Bob Simms on KFBK Outdoor show is quite openly verbal about our outdoors management (or lack of it) too.

There's just too many people in this state and a whole lot of piss poor management following the money.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Thank you Bill. You have juevos.

Retired and 75 give you a false sense of power..........

I had a loyal group of old fly fisher friends of the Greatest Generation who are almost all gone now.

Most all of them fought in World War II and were great American patriots.

My good friend Al Perryman affectionately named them the "Geezer Patrol".

Without them there probably would have been no Kiene's Fly Shop.

After World War II these are the kind of men who built this country to what it is today.

In their later years when they met at my store on Wednesdays and all went to lunch, I was invited.

On occasion I went with them and listened to them all talk to each other about "this & that".

They were pretty disgusted in the condition of our country and I think they knew the difference.

They were like uncles to all us younger Baby Boomers and we were better for it.

They knew that Communism had crept in and was trying to erase America's history.

Did you notice that the Communists waited until 90% of the Greatest Generation was gone.

They knew they could not take over our country until these powerful men and women were gone.

Attachment 14902
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

That is the cold hard truth!

Those 7, and the thousands more, are the true Heros. Too bad the word has been cheapened in our new America.

I hope the Cancel Culture censors don’t see this post. They won’t like it. We need to continue to express opinions.

I'm with you Mel1c, Matter of fact, I'm with every post on this thread. There were a lot of problems with old America, but I miss it. I love my country. But I'm not proud to be an American any more. I care not of anyone's sexual preference, but in my state the gay flag and other flags, are just as important as the Golden Bear and the Stars and Stripes. I'm ashamed, I think we are the laughingstock of the world. I appreciate being able to listen to members that share my concern. Hey, the sierra trout are calling me. Thanks for the ear.