My father and I decided to hit the Mid and head over the pass through unplowed snow in Truckee and Sparks on Pyramid Way. It was quite the adventure. The day offered light snow/rain, cloud cover, and good wind.

The theme for the day was to “expect the unexpected.” I decided to try out the patterns that Quinnphoto had success with in his last post. Unfortunately for me, I did not have any luck (keep in mind that we had totally different weather conditions as a comparison). So it was back to the fly box for me...I decided to try out what worked from my previous trip with no luck as well. Then I decided to try out what worked from my trip 2x ago with no luck again. So I decided to try something entirely different and we finally got into some fish.

We ended up catching 8 fish, 1 double digit, and a few LDRs. The double digit was somewhere between 12-14lbs as the scale was being weird in the cold. The hot ticket were dark midges that produced. It was kind of a tough day but it eventually worked out.

So I am convinced that productive patterns can literally change daily at Pyramid Lake. I hope one day I figure out some consistency.

On that note, maybe conditions will be a little more consistent at the Mid after these storms. Tight lines everyone!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0AEB6128-D70D-4CC1-B984-CEF74AE00A46.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	394.5 KB 
ID:	16562