Thread: Bill Kiene

Default Bill Kiene

Billy -

You are far, far too generous with your comments. My memory is a tad different than what you so kindly posted yesterday (below). Instead, for me you are the glue that for 50 years has held my and so many other fly fishers worlds together. Over the years the celebrities and contacts that you have always happily introduced me to have been the foundation for any small accomplishments that I might have achieved. Your warmth and genuinely caring nature, with absolutely no ego, is what has made you the best at your profession...simply so much better than anyone else I have come across...that goes for friendship too.

Thank You, Bob G

“Bob Giannoni was a celebrity in the good old days of fly fishing.

He use to run the Fenwick Corporation's famous fly fishing school program.

Back in the 1970s it was a huge deal in promoting the sport.

Many world famous people worked for Bob, like Gary LaFontaine to name just one.

Bob helped me build my store up to what it was with his priceless free advice.

I asked Bob to teach a One Day fly fishing school for my shop and it helped many get started.

Bob contacted Sage rod company to let them know he was going to be teaching a school out of my shop in Sacramento.

Shortly 12 brand new Sage 590 LLs showed up at my shop.

Next a huge box from 3M/Scientific Angler showed up with a dozen new SA fly reels, dozen of fly lines and hundreds of leaders.

That gives you an idea how well known and respected Bob was back in the day.

Bob retired as a Chief on the California Highway Patrol.

Most of the folks in the industry that Bob worked with are retired now too.”

Bill Kiene
    Fly fishing travel consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor
    Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com
    Last edited by Bob G; 01-24-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks Bob......

My wife Marilyn and I both truly miss all the wonderful people we connected with because of our fly fishing business.

Bob and other had a positive impact on our success as a small business in Sacramento, California in the good old days.

I really love this little forum because it keeps me connected to the people.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I met Bob via this Forum some years back when I bought a couple of Sage rods from him.I soon realised I was dealing with a real gentleman and one whose character embodies all that is admirable in an American citizen.I still have Bob's "California Highway Patrol" business card.I hope you are still enjoying your retirement Bob!
    Best Regards from "Down Under"
    Peter

I was lucky enough to meet some fantastic folks at Kiene's way back when. Bobby G was one of them, hope life is good in CO Bob!

Thank you Aaron and Peter...Please see your PMs.

Best, Bob