Thread: Pyramid 1/21

Default Pyramid 1/21

I didn't report last week-oh here it is, I caught one fish, done

The weather at the lake has been so spring like, warm beautiful and calm waters. When the sun comes out with no clouds no wind no waves it can become quite challenging to get fish. Just ask Peter V or me. Last week was like that for the most part. This week was similar but a smidge better.

Today was forecasted with temps in the mid 50s with some clouds and a little wind. I came around the corner to my beach only to see twelve fishermen spread across the beach. It appeared two of them were being professionally guided. To sum up the beach score-all those on indicators whether midging or leeches caught a total equal to a skunk!!! Nada zero none. All those using conventional gear came up with two. Those who used stripping methods over fifteen. One guy, Tim, next to me used a white wooly bugger on a sink tip. I helped him net two of his bigger fish. We weighed the bigger one at 17lbs and the smaller one we eyed as a 15 plus pounder. In total he caught six stripping and missed another six. Me I got three and missed another three. I used a beetle tied by the sage of pyramid, Carmen. His fly if used all day stripping will guarantee some number of fish to hand always. Lastly as usual Carmen out fished me again.

To sum up-if you want to catch more fish in conditions mentioned above strip strip strip. Go with white woolly buggers, chartreuses and white beetles and lastly black wooly buggers or black boobies. Tight lines everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post

The weather at the lake has been so spring like, warm beautiful and calm waters. When the sun comes out with no clouds no wind no waves it can become quite challenging to get fish. Just ask Peter V or me. Last week was like that for the most part. This week was similar but a smidge better.

Today was forecasted with temps in the mid 50s with some clouds and a little wind. I came around the corner to my beach only to see twelve fishermen spread across the beach. It appeared two of them were being professionally guided. To sum up the beach score-all those on indicators whether midging or leeches caught a total equal to a skunk!!! Nada zero none. All those using conventional gear came up with two. Those who used stripping methods over fifteen. One guy, Tim, next to me used a white wooly bugger on a sink tip. I helped him net two of his bigger fish. We weighed the bigger one at 17lbs and the smaller one we eyed as a 15 plus pounder. In total he caught six stripping and missed another six. Me I got three and missed another three. I used a beetle tied by the sage of pyramid, Carmen. His fly if used all day stripping will guarantee some number of fish to hand always. Lastly as usual Carmen out fished me again.

To sum up-if you want to catch more fish in conditions mentioned above strip strip strip. Go with white woolly buggers, chartreuses and white beetles and lastly black wooly buggers or black boobies. Tight lines everyone.
    Thanks for the report Bill. It sounds like you were able to redeem yourself from the last trip!

On another note, I guess I will need to bring all my gear for my next trip and be prepared for what the lake has to offer on that day! I might as well give a sacrifice to the fish Gods to increase my chances of a productive day too.

Thanks again for the info!
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post

Good report Bill

Wish I could have been there.............. maybe next week......... in between storms.

Carmen does have a way of catching fish when others don't.

Thanks again for your report.

Bob

You guys have been posting some great reports the last couple of years. Thanks!! Do you think the number of anglers has been significantly down this year? What are the chances the tribe makes more money with the present price structure, and if so, will we ever see anything close to the old prices again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    Thanks for the report Bill. It sounds like you were able to redeem yourself from the last trip!

On another note, I guess I will need to bring all my gear for my next trip and be prepared for what the lake has to offer on that day! I might as well give a sacrifice to the fish Gods to increase my chances of a productive day too.

Thanks again for the info!
    Good luck Peter and have a great outing. Hope your need gear helps to get more fish to hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Good report Bill

Wish I could have been there.............. maybe next week......... in between storms.

Carmen does have a way of catching fish when others don't.

Thanks again for your report.

Bob
    Carmen is the man!!!! I found in this trip he can be quite funny too, especially if you hook into a cui ui

Quote Originally Posted by jigger View Post
    You guys have been posting some great reports the last couple of years. Thanks!! Do you think the number
    of anglers has been significantly down this year? What are the chances the tribe makes more money with the present price structure, and if so, will we ever see anything close to the old prices again?
    It’s always my pleasure to share any information in this site. Some times I can even brag about a particular day if I really get lucky

My guess for numbers of anglers on the lake overall is that it’s up over last year even or because of the pandemic. Maybe less local fishermen but definitely more out of towners. The price seems to be no barrier for the influx of people who realize it’s worth the cost of entry to get a chance for a fish of a life time. I’m not sure if the new pricing structure will change after Covid. I can see them having a yearly pass for 150-200 a year. Last year it was 94 dollars. Just a guess on my part.