Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
Fished the Yuba yesterday down around the island and lower to avoid any crowds. Nice day, great weather. Would have loved a few clouds. As has been seen in other reports, no shortage of people on the water yesterday. Only one guided drift boat all day . . . hard to believe.

The water is really low and absolutely gin clear. Your "A" presentation is required. There was a nice Mayfly hatch from about 1 pm - 2pm yesterday, with fishing rising to them in the usual places. NO Skwalas sighted yesterday . . . yes 0 Skwalas . . . who knows why? My winning fly was a Purple Haze, size 16. Personally, I like the Split Post Purple Haze, and that's what I threw for a dry that worked. No action on any Skwala dry that I threw.

I love these Yuba fish. 12" fish is peeling line off of a 5 weight on decent drag. These fish are always combat ready. I bet these rains forecast for the next 2 weeks will start pushing the river around. The river needs it, and God knows so do the reservoirs.

That's the short quick report!

Bob
thanks for the report Bob!! Let me know if I can join you out there sometime OK?