Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Do You Do With Your Surplus Flies? / Confessions

This thread causes me to reflect into "the right thing to do". Thanks to all for the good medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    I give flies to Project Healing Waters. Don't have a contact at the Bay Area Chapter so sending some to a friend with contacts in a PA chapter. Also I tie for pals and mail them away. Lastly, I sloooooowwww down and either tie more technical flies and/or try to go for quality. I can tie a parachute adams pretty quickly but sometimes I take a half hour and really try to nail it.
    BTW I don't nail it; nowhere near a pro fly tier and it seems like people are appreciative to get the flies I tied. So if that is a concern don't let that scare you off.

All that said, too many flies still.

John I took your suggestion and reached out, got hold of the fresno chapter leader and will be sending a few hundred flies this week.

Great idea- thanks for that!

I just sent a box of flies to Fred Ramirez the Fresno area PHW chair too. Makes the evening tv watching much more fun.

My dad was involved in Healing Waters in So Cal. I think he tied 17,000 flies for them over a number of years, before he hung up his bobbin at age 90.