Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night Fly Fishing downtown?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich View Post
    Why don't you wait a bit till the stripers show up in a couple of months. Then bring a lantern and a friend with you to stand guard while you fish.

This is a real possibility at the mouth of the American, or the mouth of the Feather, or farther up the Feather. There's not much in the way of lights or lit docks farther up river. Maybe if they'd let you fish on those docks under the "Crab Shack" it would be worth a try.

I think I'd still bring a friend to stand guard
    Tony
    My buddy Dave N. used to fish for stripers at night on Lake Merritt amid shell casings and the sound of gunfire in the not so distance. I think he was nuts, but then again he leaves two drag marks in the mud between his foot prints.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    my buddy dave n. Used to fish for stripers at night on lake merritt amid shell casings and the sound of gunfire in the not so distance. I think he was nuts, but then again he leaves two drag marks in the mud between his foot prints.
    ralmfao!!!������

I'm going to use that myself, Ralph.
    TroutSource.com
    we deliver the river

Sorry to hear how sketchy the area has become. Back in my days at Sac State in the late 70's and early 80's we would have some beach parties down at Paradise Beach. The police would rarely bother us down there. Not sure if the riff-raff would have made it to that neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    Sorry to hear how sketchy the area has become. Back in my days at Sac State in the late 70's and early 80's we would have some beach parties down at Paradise Beach. The police would rarely bother us down there. Not sure if the riff-raff would have made it to that neighborhood?
    Sorry to say but pretty the whole river has issues- I grew up next to cal expo and we spent a ton of time there, but its not the same.

My youngest asked me the other day about a good spot to bait fish from the bank on a public waterway- I couldn't come up with a safe place.

Wow! Two guys reply back to back from the area I grew up in, Yubaman and Mr.T. I saw Cal-Expo being built and graduated from Sac State in 1971. Our keynote speaker was Eldridge Cleaver and some of his Black Panther cronies. Remember those guys?
    I don't think they came up to go fishing then either
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Tony,
    Not only that, I was married in St. Isadore’s church in Yuba City! My wife’s family is from there. One of our daughters went to Sac State. I could not believe how much the campus had changed over the years. I had many good times at Sac State, was a great time of life. I have many great friends from that time that I still stay in touch with.

Bob

Hi Tony, Bob and Mr. T -

I also have great memories of Sac State where I first landed in the Fall of ‘68. Geez, in those days the River was a magnet for our parties. Except for 14 1/2 months backpacking in South Viet Nam ‘70-‘71 with a small group of good guys, and 3 years in Bozeman attending MSU ‘73-‘75, I had the great pleasure of regularly being on the Sac State campus until ‘81. As Bob said, good times and great friends. Thanks for the trip back in time.

Best Regards, Bob
    Last edited by Bob G; 01-24-2021 at 09:20 PM.