Thread: FISH ART by Mike Stidham

Thumbs up FISH ART by Mike Stidham

I'm posting this under General Fly Fishing because it doesn't quite fit the rod and reel sales category below. And yes,I would like to sell these but at the same time I thought you might enjoy looking at some of my favorite pieces of art.

The first three are limited edition prints of the most favorite saltwater gamefish. "Tarpon On the Flats", "Bonefish On the Flats", and "Permit On the Flats". All are signed and numbered approximately 24" X 32" with a 3" white border in perfect condition. $375 set.

The last picture is an original watercolor painting of a Rainbow Trout, also signed that I purchased from Mike himself at the San Mateo Fly Fishing Show while he was actually painting the picture at his booth. Other watercolors like this have sold between $1000-$2000. At auction a "Brook Trout" sold at the Copely Auction for $1200. Framed size 19" X 25" (Make offer ?)

If interested in any of these please or want more information give me a call.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I have always liked his art. I saw him at a show once also. It was kind of a wow moment because I never thought I would see him. He seemed like such a serious artist that I was not expecting to see him sitting at a table waiting for me to come by and chat.

My brother got a signed golden trout print at a thrift store for $6. He is a serious thrift store shopper.

I bought those first three prints a long time ago and left them with the shop when I sold it.

Tarpon, Bonefish and Permit.....

We have LMB, Tarpon, Snook, Redfish, Seatrout and more right her in the Central East Coast of Florida.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

If I recall, was his booth always located in the NW corner of the FF hall in San Mateo? Fuzzy memory as that was 20 to 25 years ago, right?

It seems to me that his booth was on the east side of the main building. Like you said, "Fuzzy memory" that long ago.

At the same show I also bought a 12wt. rod from Steve Abel when he was still building rods. Seems he was on the east side too.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

My favorite artist by far. Mike was at the Western Wildlife gallery booth as a guest of Art Bond the owner. We all got to see him paint his magic.
    Wow that was a long time ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich View Post
    It seems to me that his booth was on the east side of the main building. Like you said, "Fuzzy memory" that long ago.

At the same show I also bought a 12wt. rod from Steve Abel when he was still building rods. Seems he was on the east side too.
    Tony

There was an artist in the corner space for some years, but someone else most likely. I know when the show got smaller with less vendors, things got rearranged by quite a bit. The mid 90's were the great years for that show.