Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd Day at Putah Creek

Default Putah Creek

Interesting history. Many places in the valley have historical beginnings. Thanks for sharing.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Also further promoted in Creedence Clearwater’s song Green River, which Fogarty wrote about Putah Creek. They would go up there and spend days to get away from the hustle and bustle of El Cerrito!

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    Also further promoted in Creedence Clearwater’s song Green River, which Fogarty wrote about Putah Creek. They would go up there and spend days to get away from the hustle and bustle of El Cerrito!
    I believe Fogarty's last trip to Putah was when he was 10 years old. At least that's what he wrote in his biography "Fortunate Son".

After that, I think it moved to twisting up a few fatties and pulling out the guitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    I believe Fogarty's last trip to Putah was when he was 10 years old. At least that's what he wrote in his biography "Fortunate Son".
    Yeah and he never got stuck in Lodi either..."Fogerty later said he had never actually visited Lodi before writing this song, and simply picked it for the song because it had "the coolest sounding name.".

Default Fogarty....

LOL!! Great stories. I once heard a radio interview with Fogarty. The interviewer asked him how he justified writing/singing "...., It Ain't Me, I Ain't No Fortunate One...."?? His answer was that he had become a conservative now that he was a fortunate one....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Cool, between the increased riff-raff lately at the Yuba and Feather, the typical BS at the American, and now this, our local options for peace and quiet are really seeming to dwindle.

Used to be to get away from the city you went as far as you dared. Now even that seems risky.

It was maybe 20 yrs ago, while approaching the water at parking lot #3, I see this guy blazing a trail with his new machete. He must have been as uncomfortable with me as I was with him. He left, but it was no longer a relaxing outing.

Quote Originally Posted by tcorfey View Post
    Yeah and he never got stuck in Lodi either..."Fogerty later said he had never actually visited Lodi before writing this song, and simply picked it for the song because it had "the coolest sounding name.".
    In my early teens we used to build kayaks in the back of Abe Schuster's fiberglass place in Berkeley. CCR practiced in a corrugated warehouse next to the yard. When they got famous they moved to fancier digs, I guess. They were LOUD. Probably all have hearing aids now.