Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd Day at Putah Creek

Default Odd Day at Putah Creek

The wife and I decided to hike the creek today and pick up trash. Haven’t fished it for a couple years. Stopped at access 3. Figure no one would be there. My bird dog ran up on two chickens next to the water and found a third dead. Looks like scavengers got it. Walked up towards access 2. I was looking for spawners and noticed apples, bananas, and cookies floating down stream. Not just a couple, looked like a box from Costco was dumped into the water. I looked up and saw 4 people there. One started pouring water over her head. I thought they were dumping their trash in the water. When I got closer I could smell strong alcohol and my dog got real “birdie” again. It gave me the creeps so I moved the family up the trail. When they left, they left in quite a hurry, I checked out the spot they were at. I walked up to even more cookies that didn’t make it down stream and three HEADLESS CHICKENS. I’m guessing the two my dog tried to grab plus the dead one might have been escaped ritual birds. Definitely creeped me out when they were there before I knew it was some type of ritual. Follow your gut feeling people.

Seriously there are some weird and f up people around!

Years ago I came across a couple "at-it" on a blanket at putah, not far off the trail. They seemed quite engrossed. Mind you there were no headless chickens.

Did they appear to be Latin American? 15 years ago a house across the street (in Redwood City) was raided by ATF/DEA/FBI and in summary, the occupants turned out to be high level El Salvadoran drug dealers, with many hundreds of thousands of dollars buried in the backyard, in the same pit with dozens of sacrificed goats and chickens. Sacrificing animals is a big part of some of the drug gang's MO. I would report to the county Sheriff asap. They are likely very bad people.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
    Did they appear to be Latin American? 15 years ago a house across the street (in Redwood City) was raided by ATF/DEA/FBI and in summary, the occupants turned out to be high level El Salvadoran drug dealers, with many hundreds of thousands of dollars buried in the backyard, in the same pit with dozens of sacrificed goats and chickens. Sacrificing animals is a big part of some of the drug gang's MO. I would report to the county Sheriff asap. They are likely very bad people.

Yea they were Hispanic. I notified DFG since it’s obviously animal cruelty and dumping things into the river. I don’t think it’ll be taken serious since it’s just chickens, fruits, and cookies. I figure if they’re sacrificing life it’s probably not friendly spirits they’re worshiping.

Quote Originally Posted by steveg137 View Post
    Seriously there are some weird and f up people around!

Years ago I came across a couple "at-it" on a blanket at putah, not far off the trail. They seemed quite engrossed. Mind you there were no headless chickens.
    I’d rather run into that than what I saw today.

Do you know what a variation of "putah" is btw?

With all the 'weed/pot/dope' growers, illegals and homeless I think California might be getting a bit more dangerous?

Here on Central Florida's East Coast a man was strolling on the beach and found a package had washed up on the shore.

It was 71# of heroin worth about one million dollars. Authorities says it is a common event, especially after a storm.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Putah Cr.

dynaflow, are you referring to the Spanish translation of the word or some colloquialism??
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

The Spanish translation Darian.Perhaps someone can enlighten us as to the origin of the name "Putah Creek"?
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflow View Post
    The Spanish translation Darian.Perhaps someone can enlighten us as to the origin of the name "Putah Creek"?
    Cheers
    Native American origin:

http://www.solanoarticles.com/histor...ke%20Berryessa.