Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Odd Day at Putah Creek

Ralph,

I think what you are describing might be the original Fantasy Records studio and jam space on 5th Street in Berkeley, right off of Gilman St.? That is where CCR recorded their albums!

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    Ralph,

I think what you are describing might be the original Fantasy Records studio and jam space on 5th Street in Berkeley, right off of Gilman St.? That is where CCR recorded their albums!
    Wow! That would make sense. Lots of people would come and go out of the building. I thought it was just some inexpensive warehouse they had access to. It was pretty fun laying glass, building boats, and in the process breathing near fatal levels of acetone . . . and listening to really good live music.

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    Ralph,

A drummer friend of mine I play music with was one of the engineers at Fantasy, All way before my time, but he definitley has some stories about that place!