Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid Report 01/06/2021

Default Pyramid Report 01/06/2021

Yowza , yowza, yowza.....................

The sun, moon, and stars aligned for me today and I made the trip to Pyramid.

I was so excited last night, I went to bed @ 6:00 p.m..

November and December was REALLY BAD for me, but alas, today it was finally MY turn to kick some butt !!!

Blasted off from home @ 8:15 at a nice balmy 22 degrees.

Pit stopped in Spanish Springs and arrived at the lake right around 9:30.

I was greeted by pals Carmen and Jimmy.
    Man........it was good to see them both...........it's been about 10 months since we last "rubbed elbows".
    We exchanged pleasantries and quizzed each other, then decided I should stop flapping my gums and suit up and start fishing !!!!!!!

In the water just before 10:00 with my SR, 'cator, and midge/balanced leech combo.
    Within 10 minutes I hooked and landed my first fish.
    It was a rat, but I could have cared less if it was a mouse.
    Ten months of absence from the 'mid and I'll take anything !!!

I tried stripping for a while with no results and changed back to the 'cator.

The "bite" was really sporadic and seemed to come in waves..............schools of fish cruising the shoreline.

I stuck it out till 4:15 or so and decided to make it through Reno before the 5 o'clock rush hour.

So, my total for the day was 4 for 8.
    The three other fish that I landed were "significantly larger than rats", but not more than 8-10 lbs.

So, I'm happy that I caught some fish, saw my Pals, and shared my day with them too.

The only downside is I'm suffering from finger cramps as I write this....................

For the ride home tonight, my small thermos filled with Dinty Moore Beef Stew with the appropriate seasoning and a couple of power waters.
    For some reason the Beef Stew tasted better tonight than it ever has.................................

Dang Cutthroats........................................ ......

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 01-06-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post

November and December was REALLY BAD for me, but alas, today it was finally MY turn to kick some butt !!!

Man........it was good to see them both...........it's been about 10 months since we last "rubbed elbows".
    We exchanged pleasantries and quizzed each other, then decided I should stop flapping my gums and suit up and start fishing !!!!!!!

In the water just before 10:00 with my SR, 'cator, and midge/balanced leech combo.
    Ten months of absence from the 'mid and I'll take any thing !!!

The "bite" was really sporadic and seemed to come in waves..............schools of fish cruising the shoreline.

I stuck it out till 4:15 or so and decided to make it through Reno before the 5 o'clock rush hour.

The three other fish fish that I landed were "significantly larger than rats", but not more than 8-10 lbs.

So, I'm happy that I caught some fish, saw my Pals, and shared my day with them too.

The only downside is I'm suffering from finger cramps as I write this....................

For the ride home tonight, my small thermos filled with Dinty Moore Beef Stew with the appropriate seasoning and a couple of power waters.
    For some reason the Beef Stew tasted better tonight than it ever has.................................

Bob
    Good for you Bob! It sounds like a trip well due...I am also thankful you left some fish for the rest of us LOL.

So we’re your fish were on the midge or leech?
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Love your reports Bob and great to read about your success

I plan to get up in feb for first visit

Quote Originally Posted by Pvillarr View Post
    So were your fish on the midge or leech?
    One fish on the Midge, three on the Balanced Leech, the other 3 misses and LDR.......unknown.

Of course I left some fish for the rest of you.

It's just that four of them (including the LDR) are pizzed off that I pierced their lips.

Bob

One fish on the Midge, three on the Balanced Leech, the other 3 misses and LDR.......unknown.

Of course I left some fish for the rest of you.

It's just that four of them (including the LDR) are pizzed off that I pierced their lips.

Bob
    Free lip piercings lol
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V

Quote Originally Posted by steveg137 View Post
    Love your reports Bob and great to read about your success

I plan to get up in feb for first visit
    Steve,

Haven't seen or heard much from you in the last.........year or so.

IIRC you were planning to fish Pyramid then "all hell broke loose with the Covid Crap."

Good to see you posting again !!!!

Let us know when and how your Pyramid trip was/is.

Bob

Ten months of absence from the 'mid and I'll take any thing !!!

The three other fish fish that I landed were "significantly larger than rats", but not more than 8-10 lbs.

Bob
    Reading your first post since last March was better than going myself. Great to see you feeling well enough to go out again. Us boys missed you. Not a bad day to bring that many to hand deep into the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    Reading your first post since last March was better than going myself. Great to see you feeling well enough to go out again. Us boys missed you. Not a bad day to bring that many to hand deep into the winter.
    Thank you Bill.

I wanted to get this posted for you since you're going tomorrow ????

And this boy missed all you guys too.

Ain't nothing like standing in freezing water with a group of friends at Pyramid.

Bob

I appreciate the the intel Bob. I am armed with four poles and ready to go I give you a report tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    I appreciate the the intel Bob. I am armed with four poles and ready to go I give you a report tomorrow night.
    That's the way to do it !!!!!!!

Go prepared so you don't have to change flies !!!

Good luck to you and Get 'em Bill !!!!!!

Bob