Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Flow hotline

I would vote for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jcolin View Post
    For the russian its 707-944-5533. For the rivers further north its 707-822-3164. The whole thing about it that im so disgruntled about is that, even if the rivers flows are well above the minimum, its still illegal to fish until they update the hotline. My first year steelhead fishing up on a humboldt coastal river, i didnt know that was the case, checked the usgs website sAw it was above and drove up to fish, lucky i didnt get a ticket, just didnt know any better.
    Thanks for sharing the phone numbers, saved to contacts.

Is there a "master" info page that has the minimum flows for the north coast rivers?

I found info on various websites but nothing from a CA DFW web page...

Eel River: 350 cfs
    Van Dunzen: 150 cfs
    Russian River: 300 cfs

is this accurate?

Casper, this links helpful
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/fishing...st-rivers/amp/
    I think the master page youre looking for is in the fishing regs but Kinda hard to find, should be listed in the index. The ones you listed are accurate, but make sure you are looking at the right USGS gauges, russians at hacienda bridge, south fork eels at miranda, mainstem eel at scotia and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Jcolin View Post
    Casper, this links helpful
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/fishing...st-rivers/amp/
    I think the master page youre looking for is in the fishing regs but Kinda hard to find, should be listed in the index. The ones you listed are accurate, but make sure you are looking at the right USGS gauges, russians at hacienda bridge, south fork eels at miranda, mainstem eel at scotia and so on...
    Fantastic. Thank you for the information. I will be going up to the SF Eel River next weekend(MLK day) for 2 days with my gf. Do some casting and to take in the beauty of the redwoods.

Not setting any expectations for catching as its a brand new river but I am just excited to go explore.

With projected rains coming I don't think the low flow hotline will be necessary lol.

Quote Originally Posted by avidangler View Post
    With projected rains coming I don't think the low flow hotline will be necessary lol.
    Raining today an all day tomorrow. Getting excited for this weekend...