Thread: Low Flow hotline

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Low Flow hotline

Guess im just bitching, but pretty frustrating not being able to fish the river i live on when its well over the minimum cfs, forecast by CNRFC to peak at 1200 and more rain out here in guerneville forecast for wed. The humboldt hotline ive noticed seems to be better maintained. I very much support the low flow regs, think they should of gone into effect on the russian sooner, but dont understand why i should be ticketed for fishing when the river is at 450 and well above the 300 cfs minimum, just because they cant get it together to update a phoneline. Maybe they think that is too much to ask anglers to be responsible for checking the usgs flows at the correct gauge before going fishing? There were multiple instances last few years where they didnt update it for days, despite falling on a mon wed or friday (which i also find silly). If anyone on here works with DFW and could provide some insight id be interested. Have a lot of respect for wardens and biologists and all the good work fish and wildlife does but seems like theres gotta be a better way of doing this.
    Last edited by Jcolin; 01-04-2021 at 07:06 PM.