Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pyramid Dec. 19

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    I’m curious, as I only seem to strip buggers when I am there, or drift \slow strip with no indicator...
    When you fish a balance leech on an 18 foot leader with an indicator, how long is the leader below the indicator?
    My bad I fish a balanced leech on an indicator about 10 feet below and I use a 18’ leader when I fish with just my floating line. I also have two balanced leeches on the floating line. One goes approximately 14-15deep the other 11-12 feet to cover a couple of different options. I use 1,25 as my multiplier on the length of depth ratio on the floating line.

Oh got it thanks. Might try your balance leech rig sounds cool and fishy!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    My bad I fish a balanced leech on an indicator about 10 feet below and I use a 18’ leader when I fish with just my floating line. I also have two balanced leeches on the floating line. One goes approximately 14-15deep the other 11-12 feet to cover a couple of different options. I use 1,25 as my multiplier on the length of depth ratio on the floating line.
    So Bill............................

How are you rigging (tying) up two balanced leeches with the long leader floating line set-up ?????

I thought I found (last year) how to rig the "dual balanced leech" rig, but apparently not.

Inquiring BS would like to know.

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 12-28-2020 at 07:17 PM.

[QUOTE=BS;200517]So Bill............................

How are you rigging (tying) up two balanced leeches with the long leader floating line set-up ?????

I thought I found (last year) how to rig the "dual balanced leech" rig, but apparently not.

Inquiring BS would like to know.

Bob[/QUOT

I use a triple surgeons knot with one tied to the added long end of my line and then cut the upper tag end and keep the lower tag end to tie up to the upper second balanced leech.

"I use a triple surgeons knot with one tied to the added long end of my line and then cut the upper tag end and keep the lower tag end to tie up to the upper second balanced leech."

Gotcha'............................

Yet another tidbit to file in the mental tacklebox.

Thanks Bill.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    "I use a triple surgeons knot with one tied to the added long end of my line and then cut the upper tag end and keep the lower tag end to tie up to the upper second balanced leech."

Gotcha'............................

Yet another tidbit to file in the mental tacklebox.

Thanks Bill.

Bob
    My pleasure Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubP View Post
    Not looking for hot spots- where should I go to watch what Pyramid is about? And what times?

Will not be able to fish for a few more months, but I am jonesing....
    Moved to W Reno (Somersett/Sierra Canyon) almost a year ago and health issues & Covid 19 have kept me from exploring much....

Just want to take wife and go on a day drive to see what Pyramid is about. (we go to Sprouts on Pyramid & Disc Dr, so could do both in one outing)

Jim
    Jim,

If you don't have a 4wd/Awd rig, I'd suggest you check out Pelican Point.
    The boat parking lot and beach access is paved..............no worries of getting stuck in the sand there.
    Park as close to the launching ramp as you LEGALLY CAN (observe the posted signs) and take a gander there.
    There'll be fishermen and fisherwomen to the right.........on the rocks,...... and people fishing the beach to your left.

If you DO HAVE 4wd/Awd, you could safely visit pretty much most of all the beaches south of Pelican Point.
    Stay on the packed sand roads at the southern beaches and you'll be fine.

If I were you, I'd bring "his and hers" binoculars for "up close and personal" viewing of any fish catching.

Sometimes the fish will be biting early morning/sunrise & late afternoon........just before dark.
    Some days the fish will be biting all day long.
    Some days the fish won't bite at all.............. I've had plenty of those days.

And, technically, you'd be a "Day Use Visitor".
    I don't think the Rangers would hassle you though if you were just sitting in your car "observing" the fisherpersons.

Now, if you were out strolling the beach, with a leashed dog, and had a campfire going.............they might want to speak to you a little more "in depth".

Hope this helps you a little !!!!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    Jim,

If you don't have a 4wd/Awd rig, I'd suggest you check out Pelican Point.
    The boat parking lot and beach access is paved..............no worries of getting stuck in the sand there.
    Park as close to the launching ramp as you LEGALLY CAN (observe the posted signs) and take a gander there.
    There'll be fishermen and fisherwomen to the right.........on the rocks,...... and people fishing the beach to your left.

If you DO HAVE 4wd/Awd, you could safely visit pretty much most of all the beaches south of Pelican Point.
    Stay on the packed sand roads at the southern beaches and you'll be fine.

If I were you, I'd bring "his and hers" binoculars for "up close and personal" viewing of any fish catching.

Sometimes the fish will be biting early morning/sunrise & late afternoon........just before dark.
    Some days the fish will be biting all day long.
    Some days the fish won't bite at all.............. I've had plenty of those days.

And, technically, you'd be a "Day Use Visitor".
    I don't think the Rangers would hassle you though if you were just sitting in your car "observing" the fisherpersons.

Now, if you were out strolling the beach, with a leashed dog, and had a campfire going.............they might want to speak to you a little more "in depth".

Hope this helps you a little !!!!

Bob

Bob, Perfect, especially on binoculars.

Thanks

Jim