Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coastal weather looking promising...

Default Coastal weather looking promising...

Looks like the rain is setting up for a good dousing of the north coast into the latter part of this week. Who has a trip penciled into the calendar?

I may try to bust out for a couple of long days and a short overnighter between Xmas and NY pending what it does. It is less of a commitment to get to the Trinity but I am really craving a crack at a hot fresh fish in the lower stretches of one of the big rivers...

My boat is prepped and I'm packed and ready to go when I get the call from friends who live near the lower Eel.

I’ve got my boat packed as well. Good luck everyone, looks like winter is just around the corner

If I had a boat it would be prepped. I’ve penciled in 2 days next week - penciled not penned, but hopeful. Also scheduled calls on my Ft. Bragg / Eureka customers for the second week of January...

I’ve got a RV reservation booked for all of next week. As long as there’s not too much water to blow it out I’ll be on the eel. I read the Mad already has fish showing up at the hatchery.

Christmas vacation has been a traditional timing for the North Coast Steelheading.

I met a wonderful school teacher once who always was on the Gualala during Christmas vacation.

The camp host at a camp ground near the Matole told my friend that after many years he would bet on mid-February.

He told him by then the water was running clearer and more consistent between storms.

I think on average some of our coastal stream are healing up and slow improving, weather dependent.

I am happy to see that some here are taking the chance to go for winter steelhead........best of luck.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

My boat's always packed and ready to go!

I freakin' can't wait to break out the two hander, swing some flies, and take in the beauty those magnificent Redwoods!

The" Chrome Rush" is very similar to the "Gold Rush". The plotting, the planning, the crazed look in the eyes. Where do I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    The" Chrome Rush" is very similar to the "Gold Rush". The plotting, the planning, the crazed look in the eyes. Where do I sign up?
    Just drive past coastal campgrounds this time of year, and look for what looks like a homeless camp but with Spey rods and better bourbon. The signup sheet will be on the picnic table under the blue tarp.

You guys are making me want to go fishing!!!!