Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Coastal weather looking promising...

It sounds like its been tough everywhere. I live in guerneville and fish the russian everyday before and/or after work, for only a couple grabs this whole season. Felt very lucky to get one little hen up on the eel and thats been it for me this winter...usually through sheer persistence i do better but this winters been disheartening...avidangler just curious about your comment regarding the homeless here? Have never had any problems with any of them, other than one incident in monte rio that involved a guy wbo wasnt even from here. I ask because ive never heard of anyone getting ripped off here but wondering if that happened to you? Often have tools or musical instruments in my truck while im fishing and would never do that on say the american or yuba.

I went up and did a little walking above Dry creek,near the 101 bridge. Homeless camps. Trash. Some sketchy tweaker dude wandering around the road. Nobody ripped me off,but I'm a large guy and maybe he saw me and thought better than to mess with my truck. It was just the fact that I didn't feel comfortable down there. The trash is out of control. On high water events much of it WILL end up in the river.

Down in Forestville there were some shady looking people living out of their car. Up on the south bank road above Johnsons Beach there were several homeless rigs with trash and crap all over the place,normally I pull over up there to watch people fishing down at the gravel bar. I didn't bother to stop. Look I know times or tough and some folks choose to live in a camper,I'm good with it. I'm not good with meth head tweakers wandering around my truck and I have zero tolerance for the piles upon piles of trash I keep seeing everywhere.

On another river I can't name,there was a tweaker screaming obscenities at some gal who was living with him in his tent. Totally killed it for me and I had to leave. It's getting worse. I didn't want to hijack this thread . But it is a major problem and especially on the Russian which has enough problems as it is without piles of trash along the river.

Agree 100% the trash they leave is unbelievable. See it everywhere too in the bay area by the freeways its really bleak. On the russian theres good groups like the clean river alliance cleaning up encampments but they cant even come close to keeping up with it...just wanted to make sure you didnt have your windows smashed or anything as that would be a wake up call for me!

No windows smashed. But it pays to not leave any valuables visible and to park in areas where there are people around.

My son and his buddy had windows smashed last year at Riverfront Park off Eastside road in Windsor while fishing the Russian. They didn't take anything of real value but felt violated nonetheless. The police didn't care because the DA doesn't prosecute property crimes

Can't blame it explicitly on the homeless, but car has been broken into and rifled through 3 times. They never got anything of value because I leave nothing in the car. There are some places I simply will not park.

I had my truck broken into on the Smith two weeks ago. Parked on Highway 199 in plain sight. The vandals jimmied the lock on my camper shell and cleaned out the back. Also cut my fuel intake line in an attempt to siphon gas and to add insult to injury, took my antenna. There was a witness and I received a description of the car and license plate number. I found the trio of tweakers and confronted them, of course they denied the break-in and drove off rather quickly. The week before someone broke into another fisherman's rig on the river.

It's nothing new,crime on our waterways,and I am not laying blame solely on the homeless,but how can anyone condone all the trash and unsightly homeless camps? I'm not down with it. I live near the rec trail in Monterey and a couple times I have had law enforecent remove homeless people tent camping next to the property. The tax paying citizens have every right to police their neighborhoods of scum and villainry lol. Many of the people living on the streets are decent,but there are enough of them on dope that I refuse to have any of it where I live if I have a say.

As for the tweakers who broke into your vehicle,I do trust you got their license plate number.