Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lower Yuba report

Quote Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
    @BS — your alevins finally got a little swim today on the Yuba. One of them had an encounter.

Lots of peeps again today, most (but not all) seemed to be well behaved. I’m afraid the Yuba is losing its allure to me with all the people and the mountains of trash and junk being left all over the goldfields. Maybe we need to organize a cleanup day. It’s really bad out there right now...regular trash around primitive campsites, a couple of burned out vehicles, a couch... I guess maybe the Feather River riff raff is branching out a bit.

I think I will skip skwala season this year. Usually I take a couple weekdays off each year to fish it when it’s quieter but with the pandemic even the weekdays are nuts.
    The on-going break ins at both the bridge and Sycamore can taint an otherwise trashy day. I hope the tweakers go back home to the Feather or Discovery Park once covid is over.

Bummer. I saw a burned out green Ram pickup down near Miner's corner. I would encourage reporting of break-ins that occur. About 10 years ago, I was broken into under the bridge. Of course they left a couple of fly rods and reels, as well as a brand new set of Titleist golf clubs in the car. Things that were actually worth money. They took a cell phone, CD's and a bag full of dirty clothes.

Next day, I thought about it and phoned it into the Yuba County Sherriff's Dept. The patrol Lieutenant followed up with me a couple of times following, said they had increased patrols down there, and had brought a couple of people who had no reason to be there in on warrants. He calls me about 6 weeks later to tell me that they had nailed the people. Tweakers in Marysville. So they do act on these tips and get lucky from time to time.

I took my daughter up to the Yuba today and it was an absolute circus. Multiple people in every run on both sides of the river. We hiked up to the cliff pool where it was a little quieter and fished there all day. Hiking back I counted 19 NINETEEN people fishing between the last bend and the bridge. It was NUTS.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

A Gauntlet!..... that’s sad.��