Thread: Lower Yuba report

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lower Yuba report

I ran up yesterday and fished below the bridge, around the island area. The river is low, as you would expect. The water is gin clear right now. The fishing was a little on the slow side, but then again, I have not fished down there in about 2 years. A couple of the fish were nice and healthy and reasonably sized, along with a couple of dinkers. There was a BWO and Mayfly hatch around noon. Smaller fish were on the rise for the hatch, down in the flats. There were many fishing rising, of which all looked to be about first year fish. This could bode very well for the fish population in the river for the coming years.

The changes in the river topography down below the island, since the last big water event a couple of years ago, are amazing to me. The riverbed has lost much of it's structure down here as well. I found myself fishing mostly the spill-ins and a few riffles that still exist.

I had some goomba decide that he needed to hop about 40 yards under me and begin fishing just as I was getting started???? I passed him as I was working downstream, and commended him on his fishing etiquette as I was walking by. No apology from him, just a blank look. I try to help people when this happens, but his lack-of-interest look told me not to waste my time.

I really miss my stop at The Happy Viking for a good hefeweizen and the best chicken wings that I have ever eaten. Soon though . . . hopefully soon on that one.
    Last edited by yubaman; 12-17-2020 at 07:07 PM.