Thread: Fly Fishing Travel

Default Fly Fishing Travel

I’m curious what the consensus is in regards to travel. I have a trip planned for two days on the Trinity. Are guides and hotels canceling trips and lodging accommodations due to the stay at home order or is everyone conducting business as usual?

I don’t want to have this turn into the President is a dipshit or the Governor is a dipshit. I think we all know the answer to that.

I hate to be that guy,but have you called the guide and hotel?

The only open river right now is the French laundry......but the guiding is a little bit on the expensive side........ nevertheless a really good beat.

Quote Originally Posted by avidangler View Post
    I hate to be that guy,but have you called the guide and hotel?
    Both my hotel (said they are an essential business) and my guide said they plan to operate as usual. I was just curious if there was any chatter out there about shutting things down since I saw Trinity County was in the purple tier.

Pretty much , with the exception of restaurants and bars, operating full bore.

Quote Originally Posted by yubaman View Post
    Pretty much , with the exception of restaurants and bars, operating full bore.
    Yeah, my hotel room has a kitchenette, so I was planning to take an ice chest full of food that I can prepare, that way I don’t have to rely on restaurants.

I was up two weekends ago. ICL is open and accepting anglers (legally, I might add, as Northern California region is not under a SAH order) and restaurants are doing takeout. I also booked a kitchenette and cooked for myself because even under normal circumstances up there, restaurant hours and operating whims can be hit or miss. Fishing was slow but the rain this past week seems to have perked things up a bit from what I'm seeing/hearing.

Guides have basically been operating as usual all year except for the few weeks around the initial SAH order.

I think that the locals would prefer that if you show up to fish you keep to yourself as much as possible while visiting.
    Last edited by PV_Premier; 12-18-2020 at 08:26 AM.