Thread: Patagonia Customer Service

Default Patagonia Customer Service

About a month ago I started looking online for new fly patch inserts for my Atom sling pack and one for my daughter. The Velcro backing had come off mine and was separating from hers too. They are the older models with the teardrop shape so generic rectangle patches wouldn’t fit. I couldn’t find them anywhere on Amazon eBay, fly shops across the country! So I called Patagonia and they told me they didnt have any but they’d make me some. They arrived today free of charge.

Gotta say that sort of service is a throwback. You pay a bit more for their gear, but if this is how they treat their customers I’ll gladly pay it.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy new fly fishing gear and that usually does the trick.

Mods,got to get a "like" emoji for posts like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    About a month ago I started looking online for new fly patch inserts for my Atom sling pack and one for my daughter. The Velcro backing had come off mine and was separating from hers too. They are the older models with the teardrop shape so generic rectangle patches wouldn’t fit. I couldn’t find them anywhere on Amazon eBay, fly shops across the country! So I called Patagonia and they told me they didnt have any but they’d make me some. They arrived today free of charge.

Gotta say that sort of service is a throwback. You pay a bit more for their gear, but if this is how they treat their customers I’ll gladly pay it.
    Patagonia has a lifetime warranty on zippers. Found out a couple years ago when I called Patagonia Cust Service to get name of someone nearby who could fix the zipper on my son's Patagonia vest. Cust Service told me to mail it to certain address-- and within a 10 days I had it back with a new zipper.

Jim

Agree
    Fixed my waders no questions

That’s awesome! I have had great customer service on lots of Patagonia stuff over many years, so I am a very happy customer. Beyond the raw dollars and cents, there is the (to me) a very real cost/benefit to purchasing and using gear from a company that treats you well vs poorly. That sour taste that comes from poor customer service isn’t something I like bringing with me when I go fishing and camping; while I can’t put a precise dollar value on that, it’s worth a bit more to me to use quality gear built with integrity.
    JB
    "Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am"
    - unknown

Feels like Patagonia and Simms as well as rod manufacturers are all v good in terms of service.
    Simms replaced my wading stick with no issues.
    Lots of other industries could learn from them.
    Albeit Patagonia has huge focus on sustainability and repairs.
    Plan to check out their $450 wading boots for life ..albeit not sure I'd ever spend that much on boots.