Thread: Discovery Bay - 12/12/2020

Default Discovery Bay - 12/12/2020

I poked around Disco Bay today. I fished the rock wall out to the slough but no bites there. Caught a couple dinks in Indian Slough. I didn't mind the rain so much but the wind came up around 0930, so I headed back in. Hoping to explore out to the river sometime.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0592_scrubbed.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	303.9 KB 
ID:	16446

Are you in a kayak? Was out there today with my friend on his boat, cast some Clousers to no avail. With the fly reel you sold me! We landed a few on gear rods, wind made fly casting tough with my abilities being what they are. I'd like to take my pontoon sometime but it's a big area. Hard to cover a lot of water. I can run a fair distance with my deep cycle but it would suck to have to row back if I ran out of juice. Nice job on the fishy!

Oh nice! Yes, I was in black rain gear in a green pedal kayak fly fishing this morning about 0700-1130ish. I was on my way out towards the river and the wind came up, so I bailed. I should bring a gear rod for those days the wind come up. I was hopeful at the launch as there just the slight bit of bait busting and seagulls here and there. Nothing in open water for me though. Later in the day the weather was better. Maybe should have fished the afternoon instead...

Getting out "on the water" in some kind of craft that will float you will open up an all new world for a fly fisher or any angler.

We started in the 1960s in those round "doughnut" type float tubes that were a truck tire with some kind of skin.

Next in the 1970s we move to these little 8' prams with oars, maybe an electric motor and even a small outboard.

Canoes were very popular for many years but now kayaks and even these new Stand Up Paddle Boards are coming fast.

The peddle kayaks are one of the most popular investments with a framed seat for comfort.

A 12 to 16 foot Jon boat seems to still be a top choice for fly caster in most but the roughest conditions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A51s_7tNyd8

When you are out on the water floating in something there is a magic to the total experience......it is an adventure.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Trouter925 View Post
    Oh nice! Yes, I was in black rain gear in a green pedal kayak fly fishing this morning about 0700-1130ish. I was on my way out towards the river and the wind came up, so I bailed. I should bring a gear rod for those days the wind come up. I was hopeful at the launch as there just the slight bit of bait busting and seagulls here and there. Nothing in open water for me though. Later in the day the weather was better. Maybe should have fished the afternoon instead...

I had a feeling the wind was going to come up, that is why I stayed home.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>