Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fly fishing and cigars?

I think my dad smoked King Edwards pipe tobacco?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I liked the Borkum Riff pipe tobacco, but when cash was scarce, a 5 pack of White Owl

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Buzolich View Post
    If you haven't already found out, our illustrious governor past a law last September making Swisher Sweets illegal in California. Now put that in your pipe and smoke it
    Tony
    A friend of mine I use to work with smoked swishers until he found a chicken feather in one as it left a foul odor in his mouth and surrounding air. I really enjoyed my dads pipe tobacco smell on a cold winter night by the fireplace, Captain Black was his choice! Brings back a lot of memories when I smell a tobacco pipe nowadays.
    Last edited by Mark Kranhold; 12-13-2020 at 08:22 PM.

We used to crank call the local drugstore and ask if they had Prince Edward in a can. When they responded yes we would bust laughing, "let em out!"
    Don Memmer

Captain Black was a good blend. I quit smoking when I was around 26.
    Jay Murakoshi

Commercial Fly Tier

Travel Coordinator

Web site: http://www.fliesunlimited.com/

Email us at: jaysflies@me.com

Call us at (831) 809-4221

My dad smoked a pipe. It was mixture # 79. Dad had his pipe where ever he went. Actually burned a hole in his pocket a few times. Well there we were, Grand Dad, Dad, and myself ready to fish a low elevation foot hill pond for pan fish. Nothing better than a good fish fry back in the day. Sadly the pond had a weed line that went out a good 25 feet. Doggonit Dad was determined to bring home the bacon! Not a soul on the pond other than us, so Dad strips down totally naked and wades out to the edge of the weeds. Before long he's catching em hand over fist, throwing the nicer ones back on the where we would round them and clean them. There he was, in his element, fly fishing with great success and smoking his pipe. In the middle of gutting a Bluegill my Grand Dad turns to me and states " My gosh, your Dad is wearing nothing but his pipe!" My 5 year old self thought that was hilarious. I giggled about it all day long. I can still recognize the fragrance of that blend if someone is smoking it in the area and the fishing memories come back like they were yesterday,
    Last edited by Randy Lee; 12-14-2020 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    My dad smoked a pipe. It was mixture # 79. Dad had his pipe where ever he went. Actually burned a hole in his pocket a few times. Well there we were, Grand Dad, Dad, and myself ready to fish a low elevation foot hill pond for pan fish. Nothing better than a good fish fry back in the day. Sadly the pond had a weed line that went out a good 25 feet. Doggonit Dad was determined to bring home the bacon! Not a soul on the pond other than us, so Dad strips down totally naked and wades out to the edge of the weeds. Before long he's catching em hand over fist, throwing the nicer ones back on the where we would round them and clean them. There he was, in his element, fly fishing with great success

That is

Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Kiene semi-retired View Post
    I think my dad smoked King Edwards pipe tobacco?

The original King Edward tobacco and cigars were made by Swisher International- the same company that made Swisher Sweets...

My dad smoked Prince Albert from time to time, even rolled his own. Prince Albert was an actual prince who took the name of King Edward when he became king.

Jim

It is amazing how the smell of something can trigger your memory......

This has become a wonderful threat.......thanks to all.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I always have a pack of Toscano cigars with me while fishing
    its a good 20 minute smoke and a good 4-1/2inch X 34 pleasure to enjoy while waiting on the fish to bite.
    Troutaholic61