I am a little off topic but we can always use a post so here it is. Hopefully someone out there is interested.

I have always had the crabbing bug. When I was a kid I crabbed from the pier at Lawson's Landing and Bodega Bay. When I was nine years old I wanted to be either a business tycoon or a crab fisherman when I grew up. I ended up as a civil engineer which was probably a better choice for me.

Last week I took my kayak up to Oregon and did some crabbing in Tillamook Bay. I had a couple of traps and bought one more so I had the Oregon legal limit of three. I bought some bait and a PFD, checked the tide tables for slack tide, went to the marina to launch and headed out. Most of the bay is shallow but I have a depth finder so I could get in the deeper water, 20 feet or so, but still stay out of the boat channel. Long story short, I got a bunch of crabs but it is some work and you get pretty wet. Fun times if you like that kind of thing.

They are getting rain up there and the rivers are looking good. If that continues there might be some steelhead fishing next month. Hopefully Sage will fix my rod in time to fish the winter steelhead. They sent me an email that said it would take a long time and that I should not contact them because they are busy. Okay, Sage.

Loaded up and ready to go.

Traps are in the water.

Dinker crab

A trap full to sort through. No keepers in this one.

A bunch of crabs in the hold.

A big one but it was soft and went back in the water.