Thread: Random Yuba ‘access’question

Default Random Yuba ‘access’question

I haven’t been down to hwy 20/parks bar in a while.
    Whazzup with the 20 widening? Are they trying to make it 4 lanes the whole way or something? I wouldn’t have thought there needed to be a freeway through there. Caltrans site is both super descriptive on the details and not descriptive on what the issue to be solved is.

Quote Originally Posted by John Sv View Post
    I haven’t been down to hwy 20/parks bar in a while.
    Whazzup with the 20 widening? Are they trying to make it 4 lanes the whole way or something? I wouldn’t have thought there needed to be a freeway through there. Caltrans site is both super descriptive on the details and not descriptive on what the issue to be solved is.
    At commute time it can get bad and the twistys between Smartsville and Timbuctoo claim lots of tweakers thinking they can straighten the curves by osmosis. IMHO straightening the hwy will only result in wrecks with higher rates of speed. Not really sure how 4 lanes translates into faster commutes when the bridge hard bottlenecks the flow.

Thanks Ralph!

I was wondering the same thing. My dad is up in Penn Valley but I always come in from the SW and so take Smartsville in past Beale. I know there are a couple of hills but I think they already had passing lanes on those. Probably someone with more clout than sense in Sac put the project on the books. I completely agree it’s only going to make the wrecks worse.
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

I have my own "Yuba Access" question...
    Is there still access to get in right beneath the Daguerre dam anywhere? What about for putting in with kayaks? Any info appreciated. Thanks!

NK

Yes there is. Lots of driving on very marginal roads to get there

As far as I know, it is all private access down there. Yuba River Club, which charges annual fee is one access point.