Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saltwater inshore flies

Jeff -

Oceansunfish is right about the TFO TiCr-X 6 wt. . It's my main 6 wt. , and is a fantastic fighting and casting tool .

Have a look at the video (please excuse the swearing ....) , this is a Sage SP+ 6 wt. and a 12 Lb. tippet , #2 Chart/White Clouser . You just NEVER know what will be within range , unseen .....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikzw6fzv6tM

D.~

Nice work! Tell me you successfully released that fish?

Thanks everyone all great info I am taking it all in. I will be sure to watch the video.
    Jeffcpr
    The Float Tube Fishing Forum
    We're Always On The Fish

I successfully ate that one . Weight was 23 kilos 5 hours after capture , fed us and half the local population .

D.~

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    I successfully ate that one . Weight was 23 kilos 5 hours after capture , fed us and half the local population .

D.~
    Nice. Was it a White Sea Bass?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    Nice. Was it a White Sea Bass?
    Yes , my first one . More Fish that I would have preferred for a 6 wt. .... but still do-able .

Of course , it never ran farther than about 50 yards , and allowed me to beat the crap out of it with a short line . If it had run 300+ yards out towards the Pacific .... things might have turned out differently . Always try to use enough gun -

D.~

Wow! Nice fish. And some superb rod handling to do it. This is a big fish landing tutorial.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Yes , my first one . More Fish that I would have preferred for a 6 wt. .... but still do-able .

Of course , it never ran farther than about 50 yards , and allowed me to beat the crap out of it with a short line . If it had run 300+ yards out towards the Pacific .... things might have turned out differently . Always try to use enough gun -

D.~
    Whenever I see a White Seabass it makes me think it's a giant CA Kingfish. They do have a bulldog fighting mentality too! Bravo! And, I hear they are tasty too. Does the fish cook similar to Halibut?

Ocean -

Cooks about the same speed , but more moist . Pretty tasty !

Ed -

Thanks for the complement ! The fun thing about salt Fishes ? They are terrors ! Steelhead are great fighters , but most salt Fish are worse , and I guess they HAVE to be . What with something even larger , and more terrible trying to eat you ....

D.~