Thread: Delta 11/22/2020

Default Delta 11/22/2020

Went out a bit yesterday (11/21) in Whiskey slough. Forgot fishing license so more recon than fishing. Also quite a bummer when the thermos you prepared full of coffee, cream, sugar and rum doesn't stay hot - I came home and took a nap. Lots of bank fishermen - I didn't see anyone catching anything.

Out on the San Joaquin again this morning (11/22). Quite foggy and beautiful. Only got one today but it was a pretty good one so I called it quits by lunch time. No other bites... Kayak fly fishing getting easier. I hot glued some golf tees in the bottom of waste basket for stripping basket. Way less tangles today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	16337
    Last edited by Trouter925; 11-22-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks for the report.......I really like that picture.....different.......fresh, strong looking fish.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Trouter925 View Post
    Went out a bit yesterday (11/21) I hot glued some golf tees in the bottom of waste basket for stripping basket. Way less tangles today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	striper.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	16337
    I've done that w/ epoxy , and couldn't get them to hold . On one Baja trip , I managed to forget my stripping bucket (not such a good thing while surf fishing ....) . Had to make one from a sterilite box with zip ties drilled in from the bottom ! It held up great , and is still in use .

Hope this helps -

DJL ~

I tried with hot glue for experiment and that definitely doesn't hold... will rough up with some sandpaper and try epoxy. perhaps some silicone caulk.