Thread: Topwater Bass

Default Topwater Bass

I went looking for stripers today but did not find them. I talked to a guy in a boat who said there were none around. It sure seemed like it to me. I took my topwater line just in case and used it on the way back and got a few fish. I had guessed the topwater bite was done until April but it turns out I don't know much about bass fishing. Beautiful day out there.

I sent my regular fish photo camera to new Jersey for repair so I took my DSLR. I figured it would be about impossible to get a fish picture with it in the kayak. It was hard but I got something. It was a nice bass. Really crushed the bug. Sometimes they have been in so many scrapes they look like a tattered old alley cat. Not my best fish pic of the year but that is what I have.

Great news John

I use to tell people that when it got real hot like in August that the top water would not be good ion the Delta.

A protege of Captain Kevin Doran, Garry Hinman, told me one of his best top water LMB days was in August?

We all have our ideas about timing or "prime time" but I guess mother nature could care less.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

sent my regular fish photo camera to new Jersey for repair
    Was that your Canon TG? If so, what was wrong with it? Just curious because I'm considering putting one on my Christmas wish list.

The Olympus TG-5 got sent to New Jersey. There is a plastic cover over the front of the lens the keeps it waterproof. That either had some scratches or the non reflective coating was wearing off. I think probably the coating was wearing off. I could not see flaws in the photos but sent it in anyway. Because of the waterproof seals Olympus does not want you to repair it yourself so they don’t sell the replacement part. I clean the cover a lot with a cloth and I expect that did it. I will ease up on the cleaning on the next one. They might trade me up to a TG-6. We’ll see.
    Last edited by John H; 11-18-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Neither new or improved, but now in Redmond OR

Ah, that's not bad. I was mixed up - I meant Olympus. From what I can tell, there's little difference between the TG-5 and TG-6, even the price is close. The screen you use to see what you're shooting has more bits. Okay, still putting the TG-5 on my list. Thanks.