Thread: Very sad news from Loreto

Default Very sad news from Loreto

Hey guys,

Last night I called my guide in Loreto to have our monthly BS session, His daughter answered his cell phone and seemed to be crying, she explained that Joselino wasn't feeling too good so they took him to the doctors office and they immediately put him in the hospital, where he died 3 days later with the virus.......I was stunned to hear this. In my office I have fish pictures all over the walls with him and I with big smiles on our faces. last year we figured out the rooster's together and pounded them like no tomorrow . It's going to be a sad day in Loreto next year when I show up for 6 weeks and will be fishing with somebody else, I have fished with Joselino for around 18 years in a row...He will be missed by anybody that ever met him, he was a true friend of mine.

Carl Blackledge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	16287  
    Last edited by Carl Blackledge; 11-14-2020 at 05:46 PM.

My wife and I had some really great friends on Christmas Island who died way to young too.

These were powerful, strong fishing guides who were wonderful guys.

Their medical situation is not good there and their life expectancy is around 50.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,

This guy was in perfect health-60 years old, way too young to die, very sad.

Carl

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Carl,and unfortunately I have just had a similar experience.Many Forumites who've fished Kititimati (Christmas Island) over the years will be saddened to hear of the sudden and accidental death of Kuritaro (Ray) who was killed instantly when the steel pole he was using to get coconuts down touched the overhead power lines.Ray's mentor was English,one of the few senior well-known Guides.I fished with the teenage Ray in 2006 when everyone stayed at the Mini Hotel,directly opposite Ikari House which opened in early 2008.Kurtarto was a shy but intelligent guy with a good grasp of English and excellent communication skills.He came up through the ranks and was Head Guide at Ikari for some time.Ray leaves behind a wife and two young children.He was still only in his early thirties and taken too soon.RIP my good friend.