We spent a few days fishing the Murderer's Bar area of the Klamath. There was no algae to be seen which was a relief and the fish numbers seemed to be decent. We got a lot of half pounders in the 12" to 15" range and a decent number of what I would call adults in the 17" to 20" range. It is always a little hard for me to decide what is an adult and what is a half pounder so I usually figure the break is at about 16" but I expect there is overlap. We floated a couple of new sections of the river. It is always good to learn some new water and have a few float options so you can dodge the crowd or just keep things fresh by moving around each day. We found some new good swinging runs. You can never have too many good swinging runs. We had a good cabin to stay in which was lucky because everything in town was booked for fire clean up work. We broke a rod but Sage should fix it up as good as new for not too much money. Generally we had a pretty good time which is always the goal.

The Klamath is very nice fall trip if you have the chance to do it. A big river full of wild steelhead in a remote part of California. What more could you want. Tear down the dams!!!