From what I understood, any navigable river, that can be accessed from a public entrance, is fair game to stop and fish as long as you stay below the high water mark, unless there is a mining claim in that particular spot. How does it work with overnight camping though? I realize that landowners don't see it that away and have come across this when stopping at different runs to fish when floating the Russian river where I live, of course I wouldn't stop and camp in such spots even if it was legal below the high water mark as that seems like I would be asking for trouble.

I'm interested in doing some overnight floats on coastal rivers north of the Russian this winter, one in particular would mostly be on state park land. Even if state park is designated campground fee camping only, as long as stay below the high water mark I should be OK, right? Reached out to state parks and haven't heard back yet ��. Would appreciate any input on this, I'm assuming if people stop and camp on overnight trips on the lower Sac I should be able to, out here, as long as it's not in someone's backyard?