Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Klamath River Report

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Where do you stay in Happy Camp?
    I most often camp on the run I plan to fish first thing in the morning or if I want a shower I stay at Elk Creek Campground, early fall before it closes . If it's raining or snowing and I want to really warm up and shower I stay at the Klamath River Resort Inn or Forest Lodge Motel.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbenlong View Post
    I most often camp on the run I plan to fish first thing in the morning or if I want a shower I stay at Elk Creek Campground, early fall before it closes . If it's raining or snowing and I want to really warm up and shower I stay at the Klamath River Resort Inn or Forest Lodge Motel.
    Thanks! I’ve only stayed at the Marble Mountain Guest Ranch below Happy Camp. I’m glad there are other options.

One of my favorite things about the Klamath is you can camp out in many places. River bars, large pull outs etc. In that part of the world it seems like most folks just leave each other be, which is why some go up there.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylerW View Post
    One of my favorite things about the Klamath is you can camp out in many places. River bars, large pull outs etc. In that part of the world it seems like most folks just leave each other be, which is why some go up there.
    People are different in "The State of Jefferson" and you are accepted as long as you do not flaunt being a "flatlander" or unless you are just a jerk. I have never felt unsafe camping along the Klamath or sleeping in my SUV.

And the suggestion to camp at/near where you will fish in am is spot on... so much easier to get on the water by when you should at first light. Too many people are too lazy and end up fishing too late and too early.

Jim