Thread: G3 Boats

Default G3 Boats

Anyone know where I could contact a dealer to purchase a G3 aluminum boat? Gonna sell my Clacka and get a powerboat. I thought I read somewhere on this forum about a business that’s excellent setting up G3 boats. Any info appreciated.

Sutter Marine? I think Andy got his thru them.

Sutter Marine is the best around for G3 boats. They have some in stock or can order what you need. I bought a 1652 G3 from them with a 60/40 Jet Yamaha years ago. Very knowledgeable and can answer all your questions.

If you are looking for a jet; however, I would advise really doing your homework on what type of boat you need and want for the type of fishing you want to do. Rivers only..flat bottom, wider bottom, light weight boat is best.

Want it for lakes and Delta also, a 6 degree bottom with a center or side console is good, higher sidewalls, and storage but weighs more.

No perfect boat....except for one more. Again if going jet, I would advise getting the widest bottom boat (displaces more water, hence shallower ride), the biggest motor the boat will handle, and watch how much weight you put into a boat.

Trolling motors, batteries, chargers and gas add a lot of weight and place the added weight to properly balance the boat. Do not undersize a motor for a river running jet.

If not going jet, a lot of what I said may not apply and maybe others can weigh in.

Good luck.

Brian at Sutter Marine in Yuba City is a top dealer of small to medium size, welded aluminum fishing boats.

Prop or jet they know how to set them up.

They have Lowe and G3 boats.

They have Merc, Honda and Yamaha motors.

*If you have been looking at new boat you will know that you need to order a complete package and wait 6 months.

Let us know more about what you are thinking about.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........