Thread: Stripping Baskets - Another New Size

Thumbs up Stripping Baskets - Another New Size

As most of you know, I've been building stripping baskets for a long time. I build the "standard" model, or the "custom-cut" model both at 26" tall and 15" in diameter. Then I started getting requests from some of the drift boat guides to make them a bit shorter or narrower to accommodate space requirements in smaller boats.

Not a problem at all. The pipe I use comes in 20' lengths and can be cut to any length desired.

Last week I got a call from one of my former customers in Atlanta Georgia. He had been down tarpon fishing in Homosassa Florida and took his stripping basket with him. He loved it, and his guide loved it too. Then one day he used a different guide. The new guide had a casting platform on the bow of his boat and this made the basket a little harder to reach, and required my friend to bend over a little farther when stripping fly line in.

When he returned home he gave me a call and asked if I could build him another basket about a foot taller. Again, not a problem. I can make them any size.

Here's a picture of my newest model standing 36" tall. If your boat has a casting platform this will work perfectly with the addition of a short bungee cord which will go around the bucket and attach to the legs of the platform for a little more stability.

36" Custom Cut - Tall

If you guys have any questions about these or need help with sizes, give me a call any time.
    Tony
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

I Think Tony's PVC stripping bucket are the best.

He keeps evolving them.......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........