Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Winter Steelhead book pre-order

Default California Winter Steelhead book pre-order

After several years of research, writing, photography and editing, our latest book - California Winter Steelhead – Life History and Fly Fishing is now available for pre-order at www.dennisplee.com. This is a full-color hardback book limited to 500 copies, each numbered and signed by the author. The book includes an inspirational Foreword and photographs by photographer and steelheader Jeff Bright (www.jeffbright.com). In addition, beautiful photos by Northern California fly fishing guides Drew Griffith and Jason Hartwick are found throughout the book. Hundreds of additional historical and scenic photos provide a unique look into California’s rich steelhead fly fishing history.

The book includes over 300 pages describing the historical and current status of California rivers and creeks from the North Coast to the Southern Coast including the Great Central Valley. The author covers insightful information on the history of California steelhead fly fishing gleamed from early manuscripts, reports and newspapers. Included is information on historical and current steelhead run sizes and river streamflow graphs. The book also covers winter steelhead fly fishing equipment including rods, reels, fly lines and leaders, casting and fly presentation. One chapter details the history and current status of California steelhead conservation from its beginnings in the 1800’s. The book finishes with color plates of over 100 winter steelhead flies.

You can pre-order a copy now at www.dennisplee.com. California residents pay sales tax but shipping to your USPS address is free (Continental USA only). The anticipated release date for California Winter Steelhead is mid-December, 2020. However, due to issues with Covid-19, the release and shipping dates may be delayed. Unfortunately, at this time we cannot guarantee delivery before the holidays.

Dennis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover and TOC.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	16213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chapter 1.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	662.8 KB 
ID:	16214   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter Steelhead book fly page example.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	575.1 KB 
ID:	16215  

Another life's work by Dennis Lee......

The book will be an important documentation of the in depth history of California's Winter Steelhead plus tons of great flies, photos and information.

I am more of a Half-Pounder kind of guy so I cherish Dennis's book on that great fishery.

This book would be a great Christmas gift for any Spey or Steelhead junky.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I purchased the half pounder book and if the winter edition is any thing like the half pounder edition it’s worth the purchase. I’ve already pre ordered mine. Looking forward to adding it to the collection. I’ve got a spot right next to my anglers coast and dry line steelhead for it.

Looking forward to it Dennis! Ordered it yesterday.

The Half Pounder is one of my favorites. Glad to be on the pre-order list for this one! Thanks!
    There are few things in life more pleasing than the sublime marriage of form and function that is found in a well crafted fly rod.

Rich Morrison
    Vintage Powell collector/dealer
    605-858-0800
    rich@classicpowellrod.com
    www.classicpowellrod.com

Default California Winter Steelhead book pre-orders

Thank you to everyone who has pre-order our new book - California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing. The response has been wonderful and almost 100 of the 500 copies that will be printed have been pre-ordered in just a few days. Surprisingly, many of the pre-orders are from fly anglers all over the US! We have reviewed the book proof and our printer is trying to complete and ship our order before mid-December. They indicate current issues may delay printing but we are hoping we will be able to ship books before Christmas if all goes well. Again, thanks to everyone who placed a pre-order at www.dennisplee.com

Dennis

Hi Dennis, I'm one of those out of town orders (but a long-time former in-towner). Loved the Half Pounder Book and really looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DPLee View Post
    Thank you to everyone who has pre-order our new book - California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing. The response has been wonderful and almost 100 of the 500 copies that will be printed have been pre-ordered in just a few days. Surprisingly, many of the pre-orders are from fly anglers all over the US! We have reviewed the book proof and our printer is trying to complete and ship our order before mid-December. They indicate current issues may delay printing but we are hoping we will be able to ship books before Christmas if all goes well. Again, thanks to everyone who placed a pre-order at www.dennisplee.com

Dennis

Ordered! Looking forward to another great read. I read the half pounder book every late summer to get me “jazzed “ for the upcoming season.

Default California Winter Steelhead book pre-orders

We are overwhelmed with the number of pre-orders for California Winter Steelhead, Life History and Fly Fishing we received in such a short time; especially orders from states like Texas, Virginia, New Mexico and even from Canada. We even have one individual who placed a pre-order from Singapore! Like our previous book, The Half-Pounder, A Steelhead Trout, we have limited the print order to 500 books. The book is case bound, hardback with a foil stamped linen cover, full color digital printing and we upgraded the over 300 pages to the best quality 100 pound high opacity paper. Thanks again to everyone who has placed a pre-order. Here is an example of a page spread from California Winter Steelhead illustrating the information, photographs and graphs provided for California steelhead rivers from the Smith to the Tijuana.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Book2_RedwoodCreekSpread.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	454.6 KB 
ID:	16232  

Just ordered mine
    Enjoyed the Half-pounder book, looking forward to this one!