Thread: Trout or Bass

Question Trout or Bass

I got to fish both this week. I did a float on the lower Sac on Monday with an old buddy and enjoyed catching up. There are lots great trout in the Sac but it is such a big river you spend most of your day on long drifts waiting for the indicator to move. Once a year is enough is about enough Lower Sac for me. Doing it as an overnight float livens it up a little but the indicator does not seem to move as much when there is no guide in the boat.

I did a little bass fishing also and am definitely voting the bass ticket in the upcoming election. Searching the shoreline, casting near the cover, getting the blow up, watching them come out of the sticks to slash at the minnow. I love it all. Way better for me than an indicator down or a dry fly slurp at this point in my life. I do like putting the sneak on trout cruising the shore line in the mountain lakes but that can be hard to find. I am not quitting the trout but maybe I have done a lot of it and just need to keep it fresh. To each his own I say. Whatever your passion is, follow it everyday.

Waiting at the put in for the shuttle run.

A lot of boats out there with Gabe Duran sticker.

A pretty good trout who does not look happy about the whole getting caught experience.

My reflection is visible in the fish's eye.

Nice morning top water fish.
    Last edited by John H; 10-21-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Great......inspiring John.

I mainly fish a floating line for everything and top water flies for almost everything I fish for but you have to choose the time and place.

Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Come to the dark side John. Soon you'll be yelling "SON!" everytime you get blown up. Or has that happened already??
    Love the photos as usual.
    I think I've seen that rock pile in other photos?

MT - That is classic. I will bust out the “son!” next time I hook up. I will need watch some Roland Martin and Jimmie Houston videos so I get it right.

A lot of rocks out there but maybe.