Thread: Heenan report

Default Heenan report

So last month I reported the first day opening of Heenan as well as its closure for three weeks. I struck out then but I have belter news today. The lake reopened last week and remains open for good till the end of the season the last weekend in October.
    I was speaking to a gentleman from Rancho Cucamonga who comes up to fish Heenan every year for the last 30 years. I think many of the anglers have similar stories who come to Heenan. It has become a go to for many long time fly fishers. It was interesting in talking to him that he mentioned the regs next year will change. He said something to the effect the lake will be open all week not just the Friday-Sunday it is now. Not sure how I feel about this change and not sure if its true. Anyone know?

Quick fish report. I managed to bring to hand five really healthy and large Cutties. Two dragging a nymph and three on midges-how about that Bob!!! The biggest about 21" The colder weather is setting in and they will be much more open to flies. Enjoy if you go out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0793.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	16170

Quote Originally Posted by Quinnphoto View Post
    So last month I reported the first day opening of Heenan as well as its closure for three weeks. I struck out then but I have belter news today. The lake reopened last week and remains open for good till the end of the season the last weekend in October.
    I was speaking to a gentleman from Rancho Cucamonga who comes up to fish Heenan every year for the last 30 years. I think many of the anglers have similar stories who come to Heenan. It has become a go to for many long time fly fishers. It was interesting in talking to him that he mentioned the regs next year will change. He said something to the effect the lake will be open all week not just the Friday-Sunday it is now. Not sure how I feel about this change and not sure if its true. Anyone know?

Quick fish report. I managed to bring to hand five really healthy and large cutties. Two dragging a nymph and three on midges-how about that Bob!!! The biggest about 21" The colder weather is setting in and they will be much more open to flies. Enjoy if you go out. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0793.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	16170

YEEEE HAWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!

You got into some fish !!!!!!

Nice looking fish Bill.

O.K................. I'm green with envy.

I'm so happy you got your rod bent several times.

The three on midges, were you stripping or we're they dangling under a 'cator ????

Spent the better part of this morning tying up some midges for Martis.
    We'll see how that goes.

Good job Bill.....................wish I could have been there with you !!!!!!

Thursday while fishing @ Red, I was thinking about you and wondering if you were going to make the trek.

Bob

p.s. Have anything for the ride home ????

Bob I actually used my midges under an indicator . I learned by watching a master. Not easy when you have ADD. It is cool to see the bobber duck under the water. I missed a couple hits this way but still fun to see the dunk.