Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Pyramid Info......................

Quote Originally Posted by ICE View Post
    So does one need both a fishing permit and day-use permit? And also if one was to go camp there does the camping include the day-use permit and or fishing permit? To me it looks like you would need to permits purchased for a day of fishing please correct me if I'm wrong.
    J. Ice
    Ice,

A Pyramid Lake fishing permit includes "day use".

Camping permits are purchased separately from the "day use or fishing" permit and DO NOT include fishing or day use.

Let's say you wanted to camp two nights and fish for two days......................

You'd need to purchase two nights camping permit(s) @ $ 32.00 X 2 = $ 64.00.
    You'd need to purchase two days fishing permit(s) @ $ 24.00 X 2 = $ 48.00.

So, for you to camp two days and fish from shore (no boat) for 2 days, your $ outlay would be $ 112.00.

You make the judgement on whether or not this a "good deal", or if you're "being gouged".

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 10-22-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks Bob,
    That helps clarify the question but makes me say whhhaatttt?!
    Crazy
    J. Ice

I know they said it was because of COVID but I’m skeptical that they will drop the price back if they make as much or more money than pre-COVID revenue. If enough folks show and pay the increased price why would they drop it back? Many of us who live on the east side of the Sierra will consider reducing our fishing days there. Looks like I’m going to learn to fish the Truckee better in the winter or Lahontan Reservoir for white bass and wipers. Possibly learn float n fly too. There are a lot of options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSciacca View Post
    I know they said it was because of COVID but I’m skeptical that they will drop the price back if they make as much or more money than pre-COVID revenue. If enough folks show and pay the increased price why would they drop it back? Many of us who live on the east side of the Sierra will consider reducing our fishing days there. Looks like I’m going to learn to fish the Truckee better in the winter or Lahontan Reservoir for white bass and wipers. Possibly learn float n fly too. There are a lot of options out there.
    Unlike other pay to play fisheries, Pyramid is 100% funded by tax dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSciacca View Post
    I'd take white bass and wipers over a Lahontan any day. Don't care how big they get.

Sorry guys, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here,...................but,...................... ..........

Here's a Paiute Tribe Press Release, dated yesterday, October 28, 2020.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/PyramidL...=page_internal

The tribe has included a stipulation that "only limited amounts of daily permits will be sold at the Ranger Station in Sutcliffe, and online".

So, beware, even if you'd like to fish Pyramid at the "new" current price structure, you still might not get to since the tribe is going to limit the number of daily users.

What a cluster "f".

Bob
    Last edited by BS; 10-29-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks for all the info, Bob! 2020 sure does suck. Regardless, I hope you and your family are doing well.
    ..."I'd rather be fishing..."

Peter V