Thread: The Bass Bite

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up The Bass Bite

The bass bite is a real mystery to me. I have watched the tide, the wind, the moon and the weather looking for what makes for a good bite. A couple of times I thought I had it figured out but I didn’t. There seems to be a mysterious force driving the bite. I Have fished the same tide at the same time of day with similar weather several times and sometimes they are on the prowl looking for a meal and sometimes they are nowhere to be found. I guess you just have to go or you don't know.

I was not expecting much today but they were definitely on a good bite. I had concluded the summer bite was done and it was time to look for a steelhead but maybe not. I do have some non-bass fishing planned so this could be about it for Mr. LMB for a while but the rods and kayak have not been put away so we will see.

A couple of nice ones in the net.

Releasing a good top water fish.

It is all fun and games until you have to drag your boat out at low tide. Not quite an ordeal but hard work.

Loaded up and ready to head to Circle K for a soda or maybe a gallon of milk.

Last edited by John H; 09-30-2020 at 04:05 PM.