Since there's been an absence of reports lately, I thought I'd throw out a silly little report.

So, dodging the fires, smoke, car repairs, and other personal garbage .................. I went a little south of home yesterday to a little pond that was recently stocked.
I know .................. yippee - whoopie - skippie,.............. truck trout.

Stopped by Mickie D's for an "on the road lunch" and arrived at the pond just before 11:30.

I had a brief conversation with a "local" and he said the fish were biting on worms at about 5 feet below a bobber.
I thanked him for the tip and made my way to the water and started fishing my midge(s) under a 'cator.

The first fish of the day was a hand sized bluegill.
That was kind of exciting since I've never caught a Bluegill that large around here.

Well, the fish liked my midges and in a couple of hours I landed a dozen or so and missed probably twice that many strikes.
Pretty typical for "truck fish around here".

The shore I was fishing had the sun bearing down and reflecting right into my face so I decided to move to the west shore to put the sun a little behind me and avoid the glare.

I started getting strikes pretty regularly on the west shore and to my surprise landed yet another "hand sized" Bluegill.
Even more of a surprise was landing 3 decent Catfish (larger than the planted trout) on my midges under a 'cator.

Wow........ a little fishing diversity yesterday.

I started getting a little tired, started having some back discomfort, and was a little dehydrated, so I packed it up around 5:00 p.m..

On the way home I stopped and picked up a couple of Gatorades and guzzled them both down on the half hour ride home.
Once home I pretty much devoured a gallon of 2% milk before going to bed.
I guess I was more than " a little dehydrated" and I do consider milk to be the "Nectar of the Gods" too.

So, it was fun to get my rod bent, catch some truck Trout, land a couple of decent Bluegill, and even land a few Catfish............who woulda' thunk.

Till the next adventure.............................

Bob